Pre-Op Diet cheats...anyone have one?? 8 days until surgery...

Lauren010110
on 5/27/16 12:00 pm - Victorville, CA

Skotti has so many valid points... keep all of these in mind when you go through your surgery!

Skotti, I am with you on the length of time for pre op liquid diet... I was on it from May to August when I had my first surgery... I lost almost 60 pounds... The doctor had the same amazement yours had with you!!

Sarahakers11
on 5/26/16 8:56 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I did cheat. One time...badly.  I told my doctor he said don't do it again. I didn't.   I am going on 3 years out and have been at goal for about 2 years.  Just try not to do it again and make sure you use the next year or so to really learn new habits.  I am not 100% perfect all the time.  I am very active and I eat on point most of the time but not always. I live in the real world.  BTW cheating on liquids is not a sign you will not be able to stay on plan after surgery.  You wont have the hunger you have now (at least for a while). I didn't have the desire for most food if any for a long time.  Use that time to really learn new habits.  I am sure you're nervous. It wont hurt to call and ask your surgeon.  You aren't the first.  I was on 2 weeks full liquid and about day 5 I broke down and went through a drive through :/

Good luck. 

Sarah

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

KLee7
on 5/27/16 9:25 am
VSG on 06/02/16

I just can't tell you all how glad I am that I posted on here.  It felt so good to know that I am not alone in this.  Sometimes it feels that way because I continue to have sure everyone up in my life that this is what I want to do.  If I have any hesitation the ones I love jump in and say, "You can cancel it and just eat right and exercise."  I know they are saying it out of love however if I could do that I would have done that.  

Thank you to each and every one of you *****sponded.  I am staying on track and clear liquids start on Sunday until surgery on Thursday.  I am so nervous....and can't wait to be in the recovery room. 

br2364
on 5/31/16 3:00 pm
RNY on 06/29/16

Tell your surgeon. The diet is important to shrink your liver. The reason being the need to create more ability to maneuver in you abdominal cavity without nicking the liver. I think you'll be fine as long as you stick to it from here on out. But I suggest a counselor or something, because it seems maybe you aren't mentally ready for the surgery...