Disneyland, California Adventure, and Knotts Berry next week.....I'm scared.

JennaCK
on 5/25/16 8:58 am, edited 5/25/16 9:57 am

Hi there, I'm 5'5ish, 255lbs, 51" waist (lost 93lbs so far!), and I'm going to Knotts Berry, Disneyland, California Adventure next week.  Two months ago, I went to Great America (I was about 8lbs heavier), and fit on all the rides (a couple were tight fits) except for one, I got the "walk of shame".  It was the most embarrassing thing I have ever been put through, made me feel like all the weight I lost was for nothing (I know that's not the case, but it's how I felt at that point).  I'm not super worried about Disneyland, but I'm sooooo afraid that I'm going to have the same issue I had at Great America at California Adventure and Knotts Berry.  What were your experiences with these?  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

stacyrg
on 5/25/16 1:34 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

You should have no trouble at anything at Disneyland.  Most of the "fast" rides there have pull down lap bars that you should be able to make work.  At California Adventure if you have any trouble at all, it would likely only be on 2 rides; the coaster and the tower of terror.  Both have shoulder harnesses that need to click in (if I remember correctly).  I was lighter than 255 when I was at Cal. Adventure and didn't have any problems.  Can't help with Knotts.  I can't remember what their restraints are like on their coasters!  Hope you have fun and that it all works out.

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 2:48 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I don't have any information about this but wanted to give you some support.  I am headed out to CA in Nov and will be going to these parks.  I'm very intrested in hearing about Knotts too.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

jenorama
on 5/25/16 7:22 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Where do you carry your weight? That will definitely impact your comfort/fit.

At Disney, I don't think you need to worry too much. The only ones I can think that might be trouble are California Screamin' and the Cars ride. CA Screamin' has a pull-down shoulder restraint and the Cars ride has a car-style seatbelt, but if you're wide in the hips, it might be a tight fit on both. Tower of Terror is just a nylon retractable lap belt. I've been on Space Mountain etc at 340 lbs with little trouble.

At Knott's it will depend on where your weight is. The Silver Bullet has a test seat in front of the ride and that's a coaster where your feet hang down. Ghost Rider is a wooden coaster with a traditional lap restraint, but I've never ridden it (too chicken!), so I can't speak to the size of the cars. Steeplechase is a fun one where to straddle a horse and the restraint actually comes from the back, so that one is pretty generous. 

What ride were you not able to do a GA? What kind of restraint was it?

Have a great time!

Jen

JennaCK
on 5/25/16 7:37 pm

I carry it mostly in my mid section. 51" waist.  My legs and hip are smaller since I'm a walker/jogger.  I can't remember the name of the ride, but it was an over the shoulder like most of them there but that was the only one they couldn't "stuff" me on.   I just don't want to be embarrassed again, it was honestly awful.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/25/16 11:33 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I don't think you'll have issues at Knott's. I was there in April and there wasn't a problem for me on any rides.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

JennaCK
on 5/26/16 7:51 am

If you don't mind me asking, what was your weight and do you know what your waist size was? I carry most my weight in my midsection. Thank you for your response.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/26/16 12:22 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My weight was around 220.  I just measured my waist, and it looks like it's 40".  My husband is 6'-1" and pushing 270, and he could fit into all the rides too.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220