Name ONE GOOD thing & ONE BAD thing about WLS

Lauren010110
on 5/23/16 2:01 pm - Victorville, CA

ONE GOOD: having my WLS allows me to be on my feet longer, go for walks without hurting!! I can only imagine when my 6 month old starts crawling and walking, I am going to be going nonstop!!

ONE BAD: Bariatric Brain is a bugger!!! I forget what I am saying mid sentence sometimes!!! If I don't write it down... it's lost 

What are some of yours?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/23/16 2:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

ONE GOOD: I had a "magical unicorn pregnancy" with zero complications after losing 140lb. No blood pressure issues, no gestational diabetes, no medical problems. (Yeah, I felt like a zeppelin, but that's standard.) Before, it might have taken ages to get pregnant-- rather than three weeks-- and things could have been much more complicated.

ONE BAD: Muffin top. I'm fairly lucky in the loose-skin department compared to others and probably won't have plastics, and most days I don't really care, but it's kind of a pain having to find hardcore control camis that pull everything in.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/16 3:23 pm - CA

Julie, have you ever tried Lipo in a box or Slimpressions?    I have used Lipo in a box for years, it helped pull everything in, including my hernia.  (I did have that repaired, but it was so large the mesh pulled loose and its back and bigger than ever.)   Slimpressions has some great garments that you might find helpful for your situation.   :)

on 5/23/16 3:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I haven't, but I'll definitely look them up! I just get whatever's cheap at Ross, I should probably invest in some good stuff :)

Lauren010110
on 5/23/16 3:35 pm - Victorville, CA

I have 2 products from Slimpressions and they are wonderful!!!... They work for the most part!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/16 3:41 pm - CA

The lipo in a box is amazing, it was so helpful i keeping my hernia in and less noticeable.   I want to get some from slimpressions, but I am working on getting my regain off, first.    I think since you are so close to your goal weight after having your baby, either product would work.  

Lauren010110
on 5/23/16 3:34 pm - Victorville, CA

LOL Magical Unicorn Pregnancy... I can only hope this happens when that day comes for my turn... 

I so feel you on the muffin top... I will hopefully have everything removed after my last child... ONE DAY!!! 

on 5/23/16 3:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'll have my fingers crossed for you! :)

Lauren010110
on 5/24/16 9:15 am - Victorville, CA

I guess I should explain a little... Yes, I have a 6 month old... by way of adoption... Hopefully one day we will be able to conceive naturally!

on 5/24/16 9:26 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sounds wonderful! No doubt your kid is lucky to have you :)