Weight Loss Clinics in Vancouver

Lesleyq
on 5/19/16 2:48 pm

Hi all,  I am located in Victoria and have been waiting to hear the Royal Jubilee Hospital's Bariatric Clinic (1.5 years and counting).  To try to be proactive I have looked into medically supervised bariatric clinics but can only find two that seem to suit my needs.  Both of which are in the lower mainlan.  But if they are what I need I am willing to try them out. 

The first is "Dr. Vala Bariatrics" and the other is "Medical Weight Management Program". 

Might anyone out there be familiar with either of these programs.  Pros?  Cons?  I really need to make sure I have a good fit before I commit to the expenses.

Or might anyone know of a comparable program over here on the island?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Lesley in Victoria

Teena D.
on 5/19/16 3:46 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

You may have better luck posting this in the British Columbia Forum.  Sorry I'm in Ontario so no help at all. I'm so surprised at how long it's taking for you though. Good luck on your journey. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Lesleyq
on 5/19/16 3:47 pm

Thanks, I actually thought I was .....guess I'm lost in cyberspace!

Lesley

Heather L.
on 5/20/16 7:51 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

"Dr. Vala Bariatrics" is a scam looking for money.  I'd steer very clear of them.

Dr. Lyon's Medical Weight Management Program is very reputable and aligned with the Richmond Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery program (while waiting for orientation with RMBS, many people go through the MWMP program which allows them to skip ahead once they're in Richmond program).

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com