Has anyone backed out of surgery?

NHPOD9
on 5/23/16 12:30 am
On May 22, 2016 at 8:24 PM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

If the thought even crosses your mind, your not ready to go through with it. be safe than sorry...I wish I'd backed out of it.. I have always regretted going through with it. I've always been told I am a success but I still regret having weight loss surgery. this surgery reminds me of when I terminated a pregnancy years ago, you get rid of one problem only to add on other problems, and trust me it does bring on other problems.9 out of 10 people have post op problems. Good luck with your decision. Hugs

90% of WLS postops have problems related to their surgery? I'd like to see the source for that statistic. 

I'm curious. What do you think the percentage is of SMO individuals who suffer problems related to their weight/health? I'd bet it is a higher percentage than those who suffer postop complications. And I'd personally rather suffer from dumping than be unable to walk more than 20 feet before experiencing horrible back pain, which most definitely occurred for me prior to WLS.

I agree with your premise, Wendy. People who have reservations need to examine them in depth. WLS should not be taken lightly. I disagree with your scare tactics, however.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

NYMom222
on 5/23/16 8:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I think most people are slightly to very terrified going into this. It is the land of the unknown. I kept telling myself I could back out if I wanted. I was afraid of dying in surgery.... but I was dying without surgery... No regrets...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

jjam67
on 5/23/16 10:04 pm - Northern, NV

I have had two surgery dates in the last 8 years and backed out both times. All I can tell you is that I have lost and gained 40+ pounds 4 times in those years and am no better off than when I started. I am in the same place again beginning the whole process for surgery time #3.

jj

vsg 04/05/17