Hitting the wall called success!

Kathy S.
on 5/12/16 9:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You may think what in the heck is Kathy talking about?  How can you hit a wall when you are successful?  

After you have surgery, you are flying high, getting it over with and losing post op.  You watch the scale move down, clothes falling off and moving and feeling like you have not done so for years.  With every compliment your feet lift off the ground a little higher.  So why after several months into your journey you wake up one morning and feel low, sad, confused?  I call thi****ting the wall of success.  You are flying high for so long a day will come for most of us when the body and mind says BRAKE! STOP!  OH HELL NO!  

We have lived a certain way our entire life, losing and gaining, losing and gaining and failure is all we know.  When success is happening to us our minds and body fight us and tries to make us question if we are really doing this?  Another word for it?  FEAR!

Mine lasted 9 weeks, while you can call it a stall I think it was a time out. It gave me a chance to exhale, review all that I had been through and give me the mind reboot to cross the finish line and be success long term.  

If you find yourself feeling this way and don't know why, it's OK. Its part of the process.  Write about it, talk about it, post about it. We are here for you!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Heather L.
on 5/12/16 11:23 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

oh, wow.  i just posted about this very thing on my tumblr this morning.  i'm having a really hard time with the lack of dramatic changes i'd gotten used to over the last year.  it's very challenging to reconcile that i may not ever have those kinds of extreme results again and it will be the small, longer-term changes i'll have to start paying attention to to measure progress.

thank you.  i'm really glad it's not just me. ;)

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Kathy S.
on 5/12/16 2:19 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It helps to know we are not the only ones with our feelings and experiences....  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130