Thursday *****fest

robinreinhardt
on 5/13/16 11:43 am

Love that cat! Actually that is how I feel today too.

What I hate is being addicted to sugar! Even though I have lost so much weight I still crave sugar. It's a day by day struggle.

Thanks for the great post.

RR

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/13/16 1:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I feel you on that one. I've gone through SO much mint gum this week trying to handle it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SKmammabear
on 5/13/16 12:44 pm

My gripe of the day is that I'm sitting here, sick at work, wanting to go home and they have no one to cover for me to be able to go home.  Mind you, I never call out, I pick up extra shifts to fill in for others who are calling out and also taking crappy shifts that no one else wants.  I have 3-12 hour shifts so have plenty of time to be able to pick up to help others out...  so WHY, when I for once need help is there no one available to cover for me.  I e-mailed my boss again "Can I PLEASE go home...  I'm fading fast"   No response as of yet.  I also have no voice, so when I try to talk, it drains me and puts me into a coughing fit - besides that, patients can't hear me either.  And it seems like all the half deaf patients came in yesterday and today.  UGH!!!  

Rant over....  for now....

on 5/13/16 1:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I suggest you go find your boss and cough up hairballs all over him/her :)

hubahuba23
on 5/13/16 1:37 pm

I feel you.  At my workplace, the charge nurse calls the supervisor and tells them you are going home sick.  Not safe to have you there if you are really sick like that.  

Kathy S.
on 5/13/16 1:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

People who drive in the fast lane and refuse to get over.

People who feel entitled.

Internet service that goes down in the middle of a work day.

No chocolate in the house when stress is over the top.  Well.... this one is on purpose LOL

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 5/13/16 2:30 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I'm a day late but I so need this!

This week has been awful.. just, bleah

Monday - cell phone broke and I dropped the container of fage yogurt on the floor, gorgeous mess

Tuesday - my dad fell through a dry rotted part of the deck, we ended up having to call emt to pull him out as he is a huge guy

Wednesday - air conditioner is on the fritz .. making a strange grinding sound, so we called and they said they'll be here friday morning to see what's wrong

Thursday - the air completely stopped working .. then my dad went outside to smoke but because he can't move very swiftly (falling through the deck will do that) he didn't shut the front door in a timely manner and my bengal cat got out.. took ALL DAY to get him back into the house.. bastid

Friday - cell phone arrived (yay) but the ac people didn't .. I called at 11 am to say, I thought someone would be here this morning, I was told they are on a job which started at 7:30 am and would be here right after, it's now 5:30 est and I'm still waiting, joy!

I just want this week to be over .. lol

on 5/13/16 7:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Oh gawd, being without A/C is absolutely miserable! Fingers crossed that somebody shows up soon, and that kitty feels like apologizing with cuddles!

crazy4birds
on 5/16/16 1:43 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

A day late and a dollar short...ok several days late.  I hate fibro!!!  Not to mention I'm sitting here on the couch on my computer while my 83 year old dad is outside building me a covered deck.  His idea.  He has heart problems and he's out there in the California sun building me a friggin deck.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130