Thursday *****fest

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/12/16 8:39 am, edited 5/12/16 1:37 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Could have used this yesterday! Coworkers were driving me MAD! I wanted to just walk out of the office holding up a single finger salute, in place of a mic-drop lol

Now I'm dealing with a vendor being 90+ days late on a 1.7mil payment :\

On this PLUS side, I go to my preop appointment today in 20 minutes that I thought was yesterday :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

CMR1075
on 5/13/16 6:32 am
VSG on 01/15/16

I wanted to walk out of my office yesterday as well. Stupid office manager makes you want to go postal!!! No wonder 4 front office staff have quit or transferred in the last year. 

Deanna798
on 5/12/16 9:12 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh Julie, don't get me started.  My husband just called me to ask if I wanted him to have to go out of town tonight for work, or if I preferred he just do the job tomorrow and that means that he would have to work overtime and be home late.  I'm tired of his travelling.  I mean, I get the bonus of the sky miles, and the hotel points, but does it really make up for him being gone?  He was gone two nights during the week this week.  BUT, he got 20+ hours of overtime in the process.  See, I'm so torn about this.  His travel just really complicates my life and makes things more difficult for me, plus I miss him when he's not home.  But then again, when he travels he always makes overtime and the money is good.

I know I should count my blessings that he has a good stable job that can support my lifestyle, and I know I'm being a little whiny because it could be so much worse than it is, but you asked...

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 5/12/16 9:44 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Just one more thought because I actually saw this in your post. "Pissed off by world events"

So, I was on Facebook the other day and saw that my sister in law posted a political meme.  I purposely avoid talking politics on facebook, because I HATE arguing with idiots.  So, there was this huge back and forth between my cousins wife and my sister in law.  Obviously, opposing political views.  My aunt pipes in and starts in to the argument, but just a few days before this she had told my brother to stay off of her posts because there was no need to argue.

Being the moderate person that I am, I reminded her that she got upset when my brother commented on her post and that I found it slightly hypocritical.  So my cousins wife loses her freaking mind, calls me fake and unfriends me.  I never even posted my political opinion on it.  for all she knows I agree with everything that she says.

I'm just really ready for this election cycle to be over, get all of this **** over with so I don't have to see people screaming and crying.  Oh Hell, even after the election people will be screaming and crying no matter who gets into office.  I'm just tired of all the bull****  Le sigh.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/12/16 11:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I think you need to send this to her.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

on 5/12/16 10:02 am, edited 5/12/16 5:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I watched a fascinating documentary called "Welcome to Leith" (available on Netflix) about the time in 2013 when a White supremacist tried to take over a tiny town in North Dakota. Fascinating stuff, but completely heartbreaking. There are a couple of clips where people are spouting off about how White people are "so oppressed," that multiculturalism is destroying America, that "good White people need to have lots of babies to repopulate the Earth," and that non-Whites should be killed. And these people were talking about things with such conviction and casualness that you'd almost think they were discussing how much they love pancakes and everybody should eat them for Sunday brunch.

I'm pissed off that there are people in the world who openly show so much hatred.

ALSO: A big thumbs-down to people who call me a "failure" at WLS because I gained weight while pregnant **** that, I have a totally healthy (and downright adorable) little boy after an uncomplicated pregnancy!

SkinnyScientist
on 5/12/16 2:08 pm

"A big thumbs-down to people who call me a "failure" at WLS because I gained weight while pregnant."

-Those people dont even make sense. Did they want you to have a sick, emaciated and/or mentally challenged baby.

They are so messed up.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

on 5/12/16 2:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Seriously! Sure, I gained a bit more than I probably should have, and I've had a hard time getting back on the bandwagon. But since I was so healthy before getting pregnant, I had, in my OB's words, a "magical unicorn pregnancy." No blood pressure issues, gestational diabetes, or pre-eclampsia. Little Dude grew perfectly and was super active in utero, and he's as healthy as can be. No better NSV than that!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/13/16 7:56 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Thanks for the heads up Julie, I jus****ched this last night on Netflix. Holy ****balls, where the *** does all this hate come from? Ironically I give to southern poverty law center that tracks these hate groups. I mean damn, Leith was just this little town in the middle of cattle country with just 24 people b4 these guys came along. 24 people?, the first floor of my bldg has more people than that.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

on 5/13/16 8:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

On the plus side, there's a different documentary-- can't remember the name-- where SPLC recruited a former skinhead to give them all sorts of inside information. In return, they paid for laser surgery to get rid of his HUGE white-power tattoos that were all over his face. Something like two years' worth of treatments under anesthesia because it was so intense. That sort of thing helps restore my faith.