Survey: How do you respond to THAT question

Gwen M.
on 5/5/16 7:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The truth - diet, exercise, surgery, lots and lots of hard work.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mute
on 5/5/16 9:04 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Almost anyone that's asked I've told them. I don't feel comfortable with not telling the truth with people I'm going to see repeatedly because I just am not great with remembering what I told people lol. So if it's someone I don't know super well I just usually say I've been working hard - which is true. But otherwise I say oh I had WLS X months ago. I don't care about anyone's reaction anymore, 95% of the time people say, oh good for you! Regardless if they are responding that way for me or them, I don't even care. It's about me, not them.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

handtlkr
on 5/5/16 10:32 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

Without lying, I told people I was on fat-free, sugar-free.  It basically is.  For the most part, I haven't told people about the surgery.  I finally let my family know 4 months after I had had the surgery.  They were remarking on how normal-weight I looked.  They would comment on the ff/sf diet.  I finally told them, yes it is ff/sf, but I had a lot of help from the surgery.  They were shocked that I did that and they didn't realize I had had the surgery because I never skipped a beat from my normal routine.  I have two weeks off for Christmas, so I had the surgery during that time.  I was back to work afterwards.  My mother even asked when I had had it, because she talks to me everyday, and I never let on that I had had the surgery.  I told her, she called me the evening I had that surgery and I spoke to her.  I told her that she had asked what I was doing for the moment.  I told her I was just lying around, and I was. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.