Feeling No Restriction

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/25/16 10:28 pm, edited 4/25/16 3:39 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I can't even drink that much that fast now - 16 months after surgery. It's not just one oz in 5 minutes - it's every 5 min.  And I believe they said 12 oz or more.   Although there are differences between VSG and RYN, why is anyone trying to do that 5 days post-surgery??  They said they don't even know what it feels like to be full. Makes no sense to me.

Obes Surg. 2012 Aug; 22(8): 1263-1267.

If you want to do further research, Emptying Time is one of the terms to research.

Sharon

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/26/16 3:21 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Thanks for the info, but it basically relates to people who have had a meal or a liquid meal, no****er, it's also for people who have had the rny, the op had the vsg. We still have our pyloric valve which stays open for liquids like water, but closes up for meals. If you want you can look at Frisco's past posts about the pyloric valve.

The op states he drank 12oz of water in an hour, if you're having problems you might want to check with your Dr.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/25/16 4:54 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The restriction will kick in once you are healed & further out from surgery. This is the time when you have to weigh, measure & track everything you eat so that you don't end up hurting yourself. Use the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner to use the search feature. This question has been asked b4 & it might bring you some relief to know what others have gone thru.

Restriction is feeling full, however there's a saying on here which is to under eat your sleeve. You'll know when you'll start to feel full & sometimes you can go too far & feel stuffed, a most unpleasant feeling by the way. Eating till you feel full & eating to when you feel satisfied are 2 different things & it's something you'll figure out along the way.

12 oz of water in an hour is really good, especially since you're still so fresh out of surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

VSG48MAN
on 4/25/16 5:08 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Thanks for the reply.I do measuring and tracking everything, I go on Pureed Foods tomorrow, and I think I'll start to feel restriction once this happens I was just a little worried that I could drink  that amount. now it takes me about 45 minutes to drink a protein shake because I do it really slow.

Kprice1980
on 4/25/16 5:59 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 04/13/16

I measure as well I can only take in about 2 bites. I'm finding it harder to drink the protien shakes I'm thinking it will be a lot easier when I can make a better shake instead of the already made shakes. And I'm thinking milk does not do my body good. My body is quiesy after I take in some milk

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/25/16 3:27 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I didn't "feel" the full restriction until about five weeks post surgery.  As others have pointed out, the nerves in your stomach have been severed.  Now is the time to carefully measure everything you eat.  Without feeling the restriction, you can overeat and get the foamies.  You'll know them when they hit you 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220