Stomach pain five months post op

mikngin1220
on 4/17/16 1:50 pm
RNY on 11/17/15

What does someone do with this pain from gastric? I have pain under right breast bone traveling to mid stomach area went to ER had CT Scan and no gallstones, but I cant remember one week since surgery that I haven't had pain in my stomach. I no longer eat red meat and my diet is hard to make work due to foods not agreeing or pain from food not traveling to pouch and emptying. I have appt. with primary Dr. tomorrow, gastric surgeon May 20th what can I discuss with him for relief or some kind of help. Thanks

NYMom222
on 4/17/16 9:00 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There can be many reasons for pain. Mine turned out to be a hernia. I would want an endoscopy. Have you talked to your Bariatric Surgeon? I know everyone's situation is different but I would go see my Bariatric Surgeon first.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/16 3:57 am

I did not have stones in my GB but I had sludge - and inflamation ... My GB stoped working. 

Plus I had hernia. That caused a lot of pain. Your WLS should be able to order some test to check it out. 

But if you are dealing with pain for a while - it can be anything, ulcers, structure, etc etc...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Talkingmountain
on 4/18/16 9:03 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Ditto what the others said - get your WLS surgeon to evaluate you.  Your primary is not the best resource in this case.

It could be as simple as you have become dairy-intolerant (common for many WLS patients), so need to stop eating products containing dairy. It could be somewhat more, like you've reflux, so you would take a PPI.  It could be as serious as an ulcer or stricture, so you'd need a procedure to fix it (usually endoscopic, so don't panic ).

Bottom line is, constant pain is not normal after WLS surgery, and you need to get evaluated by your WLS expert.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid!