inspiration

XXCindyXX
on 4/15/16 4:54 pm

Hello :)

I about 5 months post rny now and have lost about 85 pounds. Most days I feel pretty great!  There are times when I feel the same size as I was preop but it usually passes pretty fast (and doesn't bother me) and there are times when I definitely notice a difference in little places (collar bone neck wrists) which I love. To other people its obvious in bigger places but i cant seee that which is fine. Today I'm just in a funk and feel like it's never going to come off. I know that the surgery isn't a quick fix and I have to work for it (and definitely have been) and this hasn't ever really bothered me before. 

I'm wondering...what do you do to stay motivated when you feel like you'll never get to the finish line?  I could really use a new way to inspire myself today. 

Thanks!

Kathyjs
on 4/15/16 6:44 pm

I go shopping :-)

NYMom222
on 4/15/16 7:37 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

That is why I hang out here...keeps me focused. I find posting on the What are you eating today RNYers? post helps me plan. Even if I don't stick to it 100% at least I have a plan. There is nice conversation there as well...

I always set small goals along the way because the finish line seemed so far away. How much to lose in a month...until next doc's appointment...etc. I usually missed it by a little, but it still helped to set them....

Appreciating the NSV's as well...keeps you going. I know a little fear of regain and going back goes a long way in keeping me motivated. I want to keep what I have. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/16 10:00 am

To keep myself motivated I think of all the things I can do now. There are no worries that I won't fit in a booth. Or I am going to break someones patio furniture. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/18/16 5:47 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Look at your "before" pictures and take pictures of yourself now.  

Make a list of the things you were afraid to do before surgery, but can do now.

Trust me, I understand how it feels like it's an overwhelming hurdle to cross, but it just takes time and commitment. We didn't gain the weight overnight and we can't expect it to come off as quickly as we'd like.  It's much easier to gain than it is to lose, unfortunately.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Nancy C.
on 4/18/16 7:39 pm - Dallas, TX

I found that if I could locate a group meeting I would go once a week and it reminded me of things that I had forgotten or even things I didn't know. 

Nancy