Misery after Ricotta Bake

Msjones514
on 4/13/16 9:32 am
VSG on 03/31/16

Monday evening I decided to treat myself and make the Ricotta Bake everyone is so pumped about. I ate no more than 5 small bites (less than 1/2 cup total) and woke up at 2:30 a.m. with almost unbearable abdominal cramps. I'm only in the stage 2 diet, so I should have known better. The following morning (yesterday) I woke up with more discomfort and had several crazy bathroom experiences before noon. I was only able to choke down one protein shake and about 32 oz of water yesterday, and I was panicked due to convincing myself I would never be able to eat anything other than protein shakes for the rest of my life.  I'm trying to get back on track today though. Has anyone else done anything crazy like this to themselves?

On my way back to being me. 

acbbrown
on 4/13/16 9:50 am - Granada Hills, CA

I don't know what time you ate the ricotta bake or what else you ate that day - but there's always a chance it's not related. Sounds like you could have a bug of some sort. Take it easy on yourself, focus on getting water and liquids. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Msjones514
on 4/13/16 10:39 am
VSG on 03/31/16

I had only had my protein shakes and water. I was fine up to that point. 

On a side note, I had a protein shake for breakfast today, was fine afterwards. I just ate 1/2 a can of split bean & ham soup (Campbell's) and now I'm feeling like I could hurl any second. Is this dumping syndrome?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/13/16 11:25 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I had to do alot of experimenting - try a day with just prot shakes to get back to normal and then try things that are bland. 

You are only 2 weeks out - although every doctor is different, at 2 weeks I was one- two meals of prot shakes and one of soft food - but BLAND - and unprocessed.  Later you will be able to eat more diverse foods - but you just had STOMACH SURGERY and need to eat non-irratiting foods. I had poached flounder, boiled chicken - not really much sp****s.  I had nuked cottage cheese with a tsp of stewed tomatoes/spag sauce - everything low/no sodium at first.  

It was a long time until I ate anything out of a can except prot shakes - I found prot shakes there had 35 gms prot per 12 oz. 

Take it easy - eat carefully - like you have a stomach ulcer at first.

Sharon

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/13/16 12:50 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You had the VSG.  This isn't dumping.

You might want to eat smaller portions.  Your stomach is very swollen.  Too much food can cause unpleasantness.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

White Dove
on 4/13/16 10:35 am - Warren, OH

Sorry you had a bad experience.  Hoppe you are feeling better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Msjones514
on 4/13/16 10:36 am
VSG on 03/31/16

Thank you so much. 

ttfan
on 4/13/16 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/15/16

My program calls for only 2 tablespoons of food at 2 weeks out, up to and including 3 weeks out then add another teaspoon of food after that, maybe your dumping because of the amount you ate??

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/13/16 12:48 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Sometimes your new stomach isn't ready to advance to new foods.  Sounds like yours is ultra sensitive.   I would stick with shakes and test drive new foods in a couple of days to see if you're still having any reactions.  What you're describing is not uncommon.  I've read comments by several people who have problems advancing to the next food stage.  

Listen to your body and take it more slowly.  You will not be forced to drink protein shakes for the rest of your life.  You're only two weeks out of surgery.  The nerves in your stomach are still healing.  It will get better.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Kathyjs
on 4/13/16 1:16 pm

I had RNY so perhaps different but I have never heard of 'dumping ' hours after eating. Hope you feel better