Patchmd Multivitamin Patches

Kathy S.
on 4/12/16 10:23 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am 10 plus years plus out so I take liquid iron, B12 energy patch, Multi Patch, Vit D+Calcium patch and B12 Vitamin Sup 2500mcg

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/13/16 4:08 am

Kathy, next labs make sure they check your B6. My B6 went way too high at one point. High B6 can cause serious damage. B12 patches have a lot of B6, on top of that that is in multi. Check your Calcium +D pills, some of them (I.e Costco kirkland) have added extra B6.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 4/13/16 9:30 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi H.a.l.a B,

Thanks! I was working from a deficient.  I just hated taking pills and didn't for some time (bad, bad, Kathy) and ended up taking B12 shots.  Still trying to get it back in the black and it's coming up and looking good.  I appreciate your caring and advice!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

chassibi
on 4/12/16 8:53 am

I'm curious about this too. I'm not a great pill taker (I forget them) and am worried about vitamins, given the different times they have to be taken, etc.

I'm going to ask my surgeon as well, but am expecting a similar response.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

seasley
on 4/12/16 9:28 am
RNY on 12/17/15

I have been using them for the last month and love the ease of them. I have those multi-vitamin pills my Dr.s office sells they make me dry heave. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he didn't say anything good or bad about them but told me to use Flintstones complete vitamins. i will stick with the patches until i have blood work done to see what my levels are. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/16 9:52 am

They work for some, don't work for others. Very individual thing. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

RNY0615
on 4/12/16 10:10 am

I've been on them for 9.5 months now. 

I supplement them with Ferocon (prescribed) which is iron and B12

my labs are great

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/12/16 2:58 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

The reg chewables made be sick and I used Patch MD for 2 months after surgery - multis and calcium with D.  I used the Rx nasal B-12.  My labs were good and i was not sick all the time. The patches saved me.  (at that time, the patches met ASBMS guideines, then they had to take that off the labels). 

After 6 months I went back on the chewables with no problems - cheaper and approved.

Sharon

Hislady
on 4/12/16 3:40 pm - Vancouver, WA

I no longer have WLS so don't get labs done but I've felt much better and my stomach is so damaged from the lap band that I used to have that taking oral vits just tears my stomach up. So these solve the problem really well and since you only wear them 12 hrs I put them on before bed and remove them in the a.m. all done for the day! It seems to me they would be better for malabsorbetive surgeries since they go thru the skin but then I'm no doctor. Any vitamin you actually use are gonna be better than ones you don't take at all. I've read mostly good about them from people I know who do use them and get labs done. most docs aren't big on anything they don't know about or is new from what they were taught.

Talkingmountain
on 4/13/16 9:11 am
RNY on 12/28/15

I've been taking them for about 2-3 months now, plus sublingual B-12 and Vit D drops (recommended due to my pre-op labs).  At my 3-month labs a couple of weeks ago, all my levels were fine, though there are some minor indications that my iron might be becoming low (too soon to know if the slight dip in iron levels was from surgery or not).

I'm still dubious that they do what they say they do, but as long as my labs are ok, I plan to continue with them.  And they are less expensive than the other WLS vitamins too!

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid!