Slowing down

Jaime M.
on 4/13/16 8:57 am
RNY on 08/31/15

You have done fantastic girl, don't knock yourself at all.  I am at the same time frame as you and am down 55 lbs finally.  As you know, from being myfitnesspal friend, I've been tracking and doing my exercise and it's still taking work.  In fact exhausted myself with all the exercise and limited eating with not enough sleep, but amazingly enough, two nights of good sleep~dropped back down 1.5 lbs that I gained during workouts.

I keep reminding myself, it's a tool, I have to work it!  I know you're working yours, this hard work will pay off.  I bet with all your exercise you might seriously be moving inches instead of pounds.  

Keep it up!!

mute
on 4/12/16 9:38 am
RNY on 03/23/15

You've done so well!! You've been kicking ass and I know you have more to go and it sucks it's slowing down :( I really don't have advice because I'm not that much further out than you, I just wanted to say you've been doing a great job. 116 pounds is freaking amazing!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Willie H.
on 4/13/16 7:29 am
VSG on 08/26/14

What I've learned is "First the tool works, then WE work!" My first 6 months I lost about 60% of my weight. It's been now 1 year later and I've only lost a few.

Hey, we are told that the sleeve helps you lose 50%-70% of he weight we have to lose, and that is what it has done for me. Now I have to do the work. The truth is we become conditioned to the sleeve doing the work. We can eat what we want during the honeymoon period and we STILL lose weight. The problem is bad habits develop that come back to haunt you-we go back to what we were but just a thinner version. That is why the veterans are so adamant about NOT cheating in the beginning (not saying you are), because it will hurt you LATER.

I'm back to eating low-carb, chewing better and not eating and drinking at the same time. All what the program says we should do in the beginning is still valid. Yet, it is still a journey and I wish I could say I have followed the path properly but I have not. Yet, I'm still in the game, still working it! Hang in there, it's truly a journey!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"