Slowing down

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 9:24 am
RNY on 08/04/15

The subject line has two meanings.  Firstly, I need to slow down with my eating.  I think that this is a huge issues for me.  All my life I've inhaled my food and for obvious reasons that's not good for me.  Today for lunch I had pulled pork with salsa and cheese and I started eating it so fast that after about an ounce of meat I was hurting.  I had to stop and wait a bit and then I was able to continue.  I really need to find a way to remind myself to just slow down and chew well.  After 8 month you'd think I'd have that down, right?

The second meaning is my loss has slowed down so much it's making me sad.  I'm just 8 months 1 week post op and my loss has been cut in half.  Meaning I was averaging 10lbs+ per month and now I'm losing only about 5lbs a month (for the last 2 months).  I'm working hard, and I'd never say that I've been perfect in following my plan, but overall I think I've done a pretty decent job with it.  It's just so frustrating when I'm putting in the work and not getting the same results that I used to.  I know I have to keep my head in the game and just keep pushing, but I'm struggling and trying not to feel too down about it.  

Okay, that's my whine for the day!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/11/16 10:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Aww girl don't feel down in the dumps, look at how far you've come! So yeah weight loss slows down, you knew that **** was coming right?, right! So roll with it! Concentrate on the nsv's, go shopping in your closet. Make mini goals & reward yourself in some way (not food!) when you reach them. 

Believe you me, it's so easy to get discouraged & start backsliding. Whine away, but get past it & keep pushing, you're still putting in the work & you're still losing. It sucks when it slows down & GASP, stops, that's when you've got to dig deeper & keep pushing forward. 

The further out you get, I think the more mental battle kicks in moreso the physical one. You may not lose at the rate you want, but you still lose, you just gotta hang in there! It's so worth it! 

Keep it up!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 10:28 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Thanks T. I'm trying to be strong.  I was just hoping for a longer honeymoon,  ya know? 

I recently started working out,  so hoping that helps to kick-start it some as well. I may want to get out of the obese bmi, ya know?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/11/16 10:57 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Well there ya go! You're probably still in your honeymoon period but your body went into freak out mode cuz you started a new routine & might be holding out on you till it figures out this is your new normal & gets going again.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/11/16 5:46 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I don't see what your current weight is, but as I got close to my goal weight, 5 pounds a month was good.  That's still 60 pounds a year - nothing to sneeze at.

Exercise can make all the difference - you may want to take measurements when you start exercising so you can track getting skinnier as well as lighter.

Best wishes!

Sharon

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 6:49 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm bouncing in between 177 and 175. I am still considered obese. I need to get to 169 to hit my surgeon's goal and be just overweight.  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/12/16 5:28 am, edited 4/11/16 10:28 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Bump up the exercise and go back to strict adherence to your food and you may bump up the weight loss a bit. 

You are 115 pounds down, and still losing 5 pounds a month - that is progress.  Hang in there.

Sharon

CMR1075
on 4/12/16 8:17 am
VSG on 01/15/16

175 is fantastic!! Look how far you've come! You'll hit your goal and in a few months this will all be a memory!

AngryViking
on 4/12/16 5:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

So much yes to alllll of this.

MargieDTCSC
on 4/13/16 4:50 am
RNY on 09/21/15

I needed to read this...thank you!!