Finally I lost a few pounds!(Pre surgery)

April Parker
on 4/10/16 8:59 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

So, I am finally updating, when I have been to most of my weight management visits, because I finally saw a drop of seven pounds. I mean, that's not a lot, but its a start. I'm pretty sure I caught the problem, though. Too much sodium. Now that I am keeping my sodium under 2,000 mg a day, I'm on my way to surgery approval! (I was scared they were going to deny me for not losing, or tack on more uninsured visits.) 

So, those Atkins meals are a no no for me lol. Unless I only have one or two a week. But sodium is in everything, so it's hard. But I've been researching and trying to buy less processed stuff. Picked up the ingredients for a Spinach Artichoke and Creamy chicken recipe tonight, gonna try it tomorrow. The broth is less sodium of course. Can't wait to see what it tastes like...

So I have one more weight loss visit (Once a month, for 6 months), and 3 more WLS prep classes (once a week for 6 weeks) and then I have to have an endoscopy and heart and lung clearance. After that it's go time! :)

Lets hope I can keep the numbers going down... 

peachpie
on 4/11/16 5:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Congrats, what ever you can do/learn preop about what works/ doesn't work/help you lose will certainly help you post op. Just be prepared to adjust once again post op, as the surgery may shake-up what your used to.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/11/16 8:50 am, edited 4/11/16 1:52 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Good job -- keep up your hard work.  You should be very proud of yourself.

BTW, seven pounds is a lot of weight.  Don't minimize your work and effort -- seriously.  Don't think 7 lbs is much?  Well, go pick up a 5 lb bag of dog food or potatoes.  You've lost the weight of an average newborn.  Seven pounds is a least a WHOLE size at my weight now.  Seriously.  

Keep up the great work.  You got this.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 9:11 am
RNY on 08/04/15

awesome job!  I'm 8 months post op, and honestly I'd KILL for 7lbs right about now.  That would take me into just overweight, lol.  

Moving away from processed food is a very good idea if you can do it.  I very rarely eat any prepackaged meals now, it's just so easy to cook everything myself if I have the time.  Now I make the time and sometimes cook in bulk on Sunday's so I have food available for the week.

Make sure you are weighing and measuring what you're cooking and eating now.  It's a good habit to get into pre-op because it is a very important part of post op life.  

Good luck and I look forward to watching your journey!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

April Parker
on 4/12/16 2:52 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks guys... the support means a lot!