No pressure, No diamond.

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/16 11:14 am

She has a nice cruiser type bike we got for her several years ago and ended up in our shed. For the last hour and a half, I retrieved it, oil it, painted the bars forest green (they were rusty) and air in the tires. My son test rode it, we did his at the same time.

My wifey poo is up for a birthday at the end of this month. I have ordered the thing she has been hinting for since Christmas. A new mountain bike! A pink one, with a pink helmet too! She wants to ride the million trails that surround our home. This place is kind of the mecca for trailing of all sorts. Walking, biking, horses, motorcycles everywhere (my son). IT'S AMAZING!

SO, that's the current plan, get her involved in biking. She's a nature nut, so fingers crossed. Now I need for my bike to get here!  

I'm taking my son to play golf this afternoon, (he's Jordan Speith), and then this evening take her for a ride. I will ride my sons BMX bike next to her. That won't look weird....will it? 

Thanks Kathy.

Kathy S.
on 4/7/16 12:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

This sounds so cool. I love biking!  Take photos!  Not only have you given your family the gift of you being around for a very long time, but the gift of better health for all.  Doing the Happy Dance  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/16 12:59 pm, edited 4/7/16 5:59 am

This is from this afternoon!!! She stopped watching her stoopid dvd player, came out and got on it. Then I raced inside to get the IPOD. I hope this helps lime I think it will. It's weird, I'm just not that kind of thinker. I can see a straight line to something, but not like this. 

Thanks for the advice Kathy. This is a cool way to spend a day off that I thought was going to be spen****ching the Masters. And then golfing with my son. Happy dance back at you girl.

Daisydoo02
on 4/9/16 6:10 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

These pictures make me over the moon happy!  The kids are gorgeous and reading all the posts and the awesome advice you got I am thrilled you got your daughter's bike out, cleaned her all up and look at her now!  Fabulous story!

Although I don't think I am addicted to exercise I remember about 8 months post op I "discovered" working out.  OMG I was "addicted".  I worked out 7 days a week, 2-3 times a day.  I would go for a run on my lunch at work, then go home go right to the gym and do either a step class or a boot camp and then go home, get hubby and the dogs and go out for a walk which I was sneakily say to hubby "oh you guys wait in the shade and I will run around the track a few times" (is was summer so the dogs get hot easy).  I was being told by family and friends and co workers that I was way to thin, that I was "addicted" to exercise.  This is how I see it:  I spend years being MO and I didn't move unless I absolutely had to (go to work, go to the bathroom, go the kitchen for more food). So this new slim body I had that was so capable of running and aerobic classes I was kind of in awe of my own body. I loved how strong I felt,  I loved how I could start to see the muscle I was building under the layer of extra skin.  I loved how my clothes fit.  I loved that people told me I was "athletic".  That was my "high" my "addiction" to knowing I could do this (workout), that I could be strong and fit, that I was not old fat Daisy that was always out of breath and always needed to sit down while everyone around me had fun and was leading a normal life.

So do I see it as addiction, no, I see it as those of us who were MO and SMO who now have a second lease on life and are doing all the things and activities that we always wanted to do. Its kind of like a kid with a new toy, they will play for it for hours/days/months, but eventually move on to something else.  That was my new slim body to me, I went hard for months but now I have found my balance. I still work out yes, its a big part of my wellness (mental and emotional) and I truly commend you for wanting to work out and for actually doing it. And awesome job on getting the family involved, that is just wonderful.

Can't wait to see pics of the family on all their bikes, wonderful gift idea for wifey!!   Keep doing what you are doing Gary!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/16 6:27 am

Hey Daisy.

Thank you for the nice words. I believe you are correct. Whatever it is, I love it!

Kathy S.
on 4/7/16 8:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

PS I love that "No Pressure, No diamond". With your permission I am going to use that!

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/16 11:15 am

I will sue the CRAP out of you!!!

Kathy S.
on 4/7/16 12:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Kiss my grits you don't own it LOL

chris_ruff
on 4/7/16 8:22 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i absolutely have addictive behavior patterns and tons of anxiety. i've had unhealthy relationships with substances, food, and people at different times over the years. 

no, you're not bonkers. 

personally, when i act "addictively" regardless of the what the object of the addiction is (food, substances, work, exercise, etc...), i am an unhappy, unbalanced, unhealthy person. i feel HORRIBLE in that behavior and i don't like who i become. i revert back to stinking thinking and i'm not who i want to be, and don't live the life i love. 

so...i strive NOT to behave that way. that's me but only you know that key to your heart, mind, and happiness. your intuition is currently speaking to you. what is it saying?

--Christina
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/16 9:34 am

Brilliant! Awesome advice. Thank you.