Hello!

Scarletstitches
on 4/5/16 9:55 pm

Ive been lurking for a bit, and just realized I'd commented on a couple of posts, but hadn't introduced myself yet!

I'm part of the way through the process of getting insurance approval and getting all of the tests done that the surgeon wants. Visit 3 of 6 with the dietitian is next week, and I think I only have the endoscopy left to do, and that's scheduled for next week also. I figured I'd get everything done ahead that I could manage, so if any tests showed a problem, there'd hopefully be time to deal with it, without delaying longer than the 6 month diet requirement.

I'm 44 years old and I've been fat long enough!  My entire adult life has been diet, lose 20-40 pounds, then watch every pound come back home and bring friends along for the ride. I want off the damn roller coaster! I look at my mom who is only 65, with multiple health issues and she's given up and is miserable. She's in pain all the time, and heavier than me, though not by a lot, and my dad ends up essentially being her caregiver. I'm terrified of becoming her, and I know if I don't get a handle on this and fix it, that's where I will end up, sooner rather than later. 

Thank you so much to all of you, especially the vets for taking so much time to hang out here, posting your experiences and advice for all of us new to this journey. I've learned so much from you already. 

Nicole K.
on 4/6/16 5:02 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Welcome! Everyone here is so nice.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

AnImperfectAngel
on 4/6/16 8:45 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Keep coming back for support, it really helps.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/6/16 10:07 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I waited until 57 - good job looking into it at 44!   Best of luck, and your success could rub off on your mother.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/16 10:45 am - CA

Welcome to OH!   I hope to see more of your posts and more about your journey as you get started!  

~Nik

Christian I.
on 4/6/16 12:24 pm - TX

Greetings Scarlet! 

What a great journey you are embarking on! It's a total roller coaster at times so you better hang on. Great support like we get here is a must. Good for you to jump into the mix and introduce yourself.

Christian in Austin