Pushing the reset button

RyanFromLosAngeles
on 4/5/16 4:47 pm
VSG on 06/05/13

Hey Gang-

Had the sleeve in summer of 2013.  Went from 408 to 240 and now back up to 295.

Was so excited with all of the progress I had made to now being ultra depressed as I was turned away from a roller coaster that I'd been able to ride at the height of weight loss.  

That said, I'm at that breaking point, where I'm ready to commit 100% and take advantage of this gift we've all been given.

My question to the board is this..  I've put myself back on the pre-surgery diet.. I'm on Day 2 of 3 Protein shakes a day and a ton of water.. Really, that's all I've been having. I'm doing good, but am wondering if you guys think I'm on the right track?  I'm a bit worried as the 3 shakes amount to 500 cal a day.  That said, Its been so long since I've been on a disciplined VGS type eating plan, that I cant recall what I should be at.

Thanks for listening everyone.  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/5/16 9:13 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

There's a back on track forum that you might want to look into to help with the regain. You really have to take a hard look at why you gained the weight back, do you have an emotional attachment to food? Therapy/support group can help you find ways to cope.

I understand that you're doing a kind of mental reset by going back to liquids, but it really isn't needed. We're a year apart so I'm guessing the protein requirements might be similar. You're right about the shakes, 500 calories is way too much to dedicate to shakes, plus it won't fill you up at all.

I try to stay between 800 & 1000 calories, but aim to get closer to 800. Carbs between 30-50. I aim to get closer to 30. Protein at 80g but sometimes go as high as 100, same goes for water, along with my vitamin requirements.

Sorry I can't tell by your screen name if you're a man or a woman , men usually have higher protein requirements. Hope this helps & congrats on tackling this now & not gain all your weight back. It's certainly harder now, but you can get it back off & ultimately make it to goal. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NYMom222
on 4/6/16 2:33 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you want to get back on track, I suggest 5 days of all protein, you can include protein drinks, cheese and yogurt in there and some condiments. On the RNY Board we just did an "All Meat All Week" challenge,(go read the menu posts)  and it was eye opening. No hunger by day 3. After the 5 days, once you feel your control back, you can add some veggies.

Dense protein will keep you full and satisfied longer.

My Doc always said "protein first, then veggies and then if you have any room left,  fruits and carbs"

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save