Wls friendly PCP Maryland

__Wilkins974428534
on 4/5/16 3:04 pm, edited 7/16/17 4:32 am
Kathy S.
on 4/5/16 3:33 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am surprised Dr. Singh didn't know of any PCP that they have worked with previously.  We did a search for PCP in Maryland.  It appears the doctors have not updated their contact information but the list will at least give you names to follow up with.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/primary-care-physician-inter nist/MD/

Let us know if you need some additional assistance.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 4:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Contact your insurance company to see if commercial weight loss options would count towards the 6 months. Some plans don't allow them and only allow a doctor, so you'll want to check on that ASAP.

I think your best bet would be to first call your insurance company to find some GP's that are in-network. Then call a few and ask if they can help. The GP doesn't need any particular bariatric knowledge, they just need to be willing to document your current weight and have some quick discussions on food and exercise.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

raizie
on 4/11/16 8:32 am

Is Dr. Singh your surgeon? 

I'm seeing Dr. Christina Li in the Baltimore area. She works through the Lifebridge Bariatric Center out of NW Hospital and Sinai Hospital. Their group handles the 6 month weight loss pre-op requirement. I go monthly to their office for weigh ins.