Repetative

CMR1075
on 4/5/16 5:59 am
VSG on 01/15/16

So I guess the weight loss stall is a repetitive thing cause I am 10 1/2 weeks out and haven't lost in a week. In fact, I bounce between gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. I'm not upset about it cause I know I'm not going to constantly lose, it just gets a little discouraging and I have to snap myself out of feeling crappy about the number on the scale. Could be from all the damn medication I have had to take these last 2 weeks because of the shingles. Or it could just be that's the way it is and I need to stop getting on the scale so much lol. 

On another note - I NEED to start exercising. I haven't done any yet. I am just so tired by the time I get home from my 8-5 daily grind and then I have to cook and do my homework (I'm in college f/t). Everyone says that the tiredness is normal and should taper off after a few months but sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open by 8 pm. In the meantime, I need to schedule in at least a half hour workout daily. I've made the first step though and contacted a gym near my house to go tour the facility  Pretty positive I'll walk out of there with a membership lol. 

Anyways....happy Tuesday everyone!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/5/16 7:24 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Sometimes it can be hard to squeeze in exercise with a full schedule. Maybe you can break it up during your day. Like for example at work ya gotta pee right?, choose the bathroom that's the furthest from your desk, or park further from the job parking lot, etc, etc. Little things thruout your day add up too. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

CMR1075
on 4/5/16 7:32 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Good idea! Luckily I am on my feet all day at work so that helps a little bit ;)

Nicole K.
on 4/5/16 9:16 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm right there with you.  By the time I get up and go to work, get home, get everything ready for the next day and cook dinner, I am wiped out.  I'm usually in bed by 8:00. I have a gym membership I'm paying for, I've used it once.  ::sigh::

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

crystal M.
on 4/5/16 9:21 am - Joliet, IL

I go to the gym right after work.  I find if I step foot in the house I get lazy and won't go.  So I pack my gym bag every morning. 

I try to make dinners as easy as possible.  I have been using my crockpot a lot lately.  It's so nice to come home to an already cooked meal. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 10:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Aside from the first month or so, your weight loss will slow to 1 or 2 lb per week. It's only a stall if you go 3 or 4 weeks or longer with zero weight loss and no change in measurements.

When things slow down, it's important to check yourself. Weigh, measure, and log your food. Make sure you're on target for protein, carbs, and calories.

Exercise is great, but you can't out-exercise a bad diet.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CMR1075
on 4/5/16 1:01 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Definitely been keeping a food log and I don't go anywhere near the carbs. I am on MyFitnessPal and it definitely helps keep me in line. I have been making sure I follow all the rules. I have battled this beast for too long and I don't want to turn around! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/5/16 11:00 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

What insurance do you have? If its blue cross blue shield, theres an awesome program called HealthWays. Its $25/month but you can go to SO many gyms. Golds... LA Fitness.. Anytime Fitness... Snap Fitness... and a ton of others, around the ENTIRE country. Theyre ALL included. They may have good options for say close to your school, work, house etc.

CMR1075
on 4/5/16 1:02 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Actually I do have BCBS. I had no idea they had that. I am going to contact them and find out. Thanks so much for that info!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/5/16 1:20 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Here are some links

1. Check gym options based on zip code here http://www.hcdimensions.com/FitnessYourWay/
  2. If you like the options:
  3. Register on https://www.blue365deals.com
  4. Click this link and do Redeem Now https://www.blue365deals.com/healthways-national-standing-25 -monthly-fee-access-network-9000-gyms-nationwide?planid=BCBS FL
  5. Its $25 to sign up, $25 a month. They say 3 month minimum then you can cancel if you ever want... 

They give you a temporary card you can print and just go to the gyms listed when you searched. Tell them youre healthways member and if they have no clue, tell them silver sneakers. Youll have to sign the gym paperwork and contracts but all dollar amounts will be N/A. You get FULL memberships, too... Anytime fitness will give you the key fob, a shirt, etc. LA fitness you can do the classes, etc. Same with Golds...