problems 4 months after surgery

rudysmom27
on 4/3/16 1:54 pm - new iberia , LA

I had open gastric bypass surgery November 24th 2015...I had many complications and was in the hospital 2 weeks for infections and had to have 2nd surgery...fast forward 4 months I am still open and now my side from where I received the lovenox shot 4 months prior is hurting...there is a lump and it feels like something is tearing my skin when I get up so I have been pretty much in the bed...it just now started hurting like this...I have asked my doctor and he says it's just hematoma from the shots and it will go away...but it hurts excruciating pain and I can't do anything and I don't know where to turn or who to see cause if I say I have pain I am labeled a drug addict when I have never taken anything other than what is prescribed which is just tramadol and that don't help at all....any advice? Has any of you had that issue? 

Eggface
on 4/3/16 3:28 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I'm sorry you've had a rough time :( and it's awful when you feel like you are not being heard...  if I was in excruciating pain I would go to the ER... eventually some answers will be given. If it is a hematoma... I'm not a Dr or nurse but I think they can drain that somehow which might relieve the pain (or blood thinners? IDK) needless to say... pain = your body telling you something is wrong... make them listen and do not leave until you are satisfied with the course of treatment and also have them tell you how to proceed if what they do provides no relief (next steps.) 

I had open RNY but had no healing issues whatsoever. 

Good vibes, prayers being sent hope it is resolved and you are enjoying life again soon.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

White Dove
on 4/3/16 3:58 pm - Warren, OH

It just needs to drain.  Emergency room doctors might not do it. I have just used a sterile needle and poked it open then needed lots of clean towels to catch the leakage.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

rudysmom27
on 4/3/16 4:02 pm - new iberia , LA

It's hard to explain them...its like hard knots under the skin

White Dove
on 4/3/16 4:36 pm - Warren, OH

Blood and body fluids build up like a blister.  They can be hard or spongy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sunflower316
on 4/5/16 9:10 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Go to your gen prac dr and see if they can lance them and provide you sterile dressings and instructions. You don't need another infection right now and it sounds like your surgeon is just blowing you off.  JMHO