my belly is getting bigger :(

nanarahim93
on 3/30/16 5:32 pm

ive been losing 20 kg on my first month and now im on my second month post op and weight loss is a bit slow.sometimes the scale did not move at all sometimes it went up 1kg ,and ive also noticed that my belly is getting huge..my pouch eat more than it should..and by the way..do you exercise everyday?

Kathyjs
on 3/30/16 7:56 pm

Your belly isn't eating more than it should, you might be , :-) in answer to exercise I exercise every single day rain or shine. It helps me mentally 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/31/16 4:22 am

Eating too many carbs can cause lot of gas = bloating = belly look bigger... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Catek2652
on 3/31/16 7:52 am
RNY on 10/26/15

It may just seem bigger because you are losing first in other parts of your body. Early on my face, hands and feet and lower legs all got much thinner very quickly. Later it seemed to even out across my body with my belly, lax from multiple open abdominal surgeries (6 total) over my lifetime seems to continue to lag a bit. But I'm still shrinking so I'm hopefully the lack of abdominal muscles will be less noticeable at a later stage.

I walk as much as I can and do some strength training. The pool opens in May so I will be able to add swimming to my routine.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/31/16 7:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You may be able to "eat more than you should" because you will not have a sensation of fullness early out. The nerves in your stomach have been cut and take a while to heal, so you won't feel anything. It's very important to weigh and measure your food rather than waiting to feel "full."

Search for "three week stall" on the forums. Things definitely slow down after the first month.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!