Has Anyone had WLS/Sleeve done in Mexico or another Canadian Province recently?

angelasilver
on 3/30/16 7:46 am

Because I am in NS, the wait times for a consult are painfully long, I have been thinking on paying out of pocket, and was wondering if anyone has had the surgery for the gastric sleeve recently in any other provinces or in Mexico?

Kathy S.
on 3/30/16 8:10 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello Angela,

We have had many members travel to MX for surgery.  Be sure and post your question on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) and Mexico Forum.  You have mail    We sent you some links to surgeons profiles and be sure and read the reviews from our members about their experiences with the surgeon.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

sjgirl123
on 3/30/16 10:17 am
VSG on 01/26/16

Hi I live in Saint John NB and recently decided to go to Juarez Mexico and self pay with Dr. Rodriguez down there after I had a friend recommend him, I had a great experience if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. It's the best decision I ever made!

KansasPrincess
on 3/30/16 2:36 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

I had my sleeve done at MBC in Tijuana mexico 10/15/15

KeishaLeigh
on 3/30/16 7:30 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I had an amazing experience  with Dr Guillermo  Alvarez  in Mexico last year. He has a youtube channel, Endobariatric,  with lots of videos and can be reached at a website by that same name. My choice to go to Mexico was the perfect option for me. 

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

Kathyjs
on 3/30/16 7:59 pm

I have read nothing but good things about surgery in Mexico. Best of luck

Sammy_85
on 3/30/16 10:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I live in BC and the wait time here is ridiculous too so I went to Tijuana in January and had my sleeve surgery done by Dr. Fernando Garcia through Tijuana Bariatrics. I paid $4,250 (USD) for the procedure and it was the best decision I have ever made. The care I received in Mexico was comparable, if not better, than the care I've received in hospitals here. If you do your research and reach out to people like you already have, you can definitely find a skilled surgeon in Mexico. If you have any questions about my experience, feel free to PM me, I don't mind sharing.

angelasilver
on 3/31/16 4:34 am

Thank you everyone for your responses, it is good to hear from others that had it done in Mexico....still scary to think of going but...we do what we must.

leslielu86
on 3/31/16 5:03 am
VSG on 04/04/16

I am scheduled on April 4th with Dr. Quinones in Tijuana, Pompeii Surgical.  So far my experience with his staff has been great.  Always call me to answer my questions.  The cost is $4500 USD for the sleeve.  I have done my research and I'm very comfortable with my choice.  I will let you know how it goes.

It's not about losing weight.....it's about gaining confidence too.  It's not about shrinking in size, it's about growing in strength

angelasilver
on 3/31/16 6:09 am

Very true....I just want to be healthy...happy and confident ...I find I just hide...last year I tried getting together with people more but when I do I am so not confident I tend to keep to myself...it is bad because I need to get out there...I am an emotional eater and with pcos I try many times, but have such a harder time losing weight. I know what I need to do I just don't, I know if I were to do the surgery it would be a big change but it is enough that I knw I would work on it...Good luck with your surgery and I look forward to hearing how things went.