When did your weight loss slow? (Monthly weight loss averages)

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/16 1:24 am

my weight loss has slowed down too much, i need to lose 30 pounds now , my ideal weight goal is 125 pounds.

Roma
on 4/2/16 7:32 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Some people are slower losers than others, even when they stay on track. Since the day of my RNY surgery in June 2015, I have not gone over 900 cals/40 carbs per day (major streak on MFP). I drink all my water and get lots of walking in.

I also have averaged 5 lbs a month lost for the past 4 months! I try not to make myself crazy about that, because I know I'm doing my very best and continue to lose.

Good luck, and just work on staying the course!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

rebecca110
on 4/5/16 5:38 am - Milledgeville, GA

I had lapband surgery and have been very disappointed with my results. I never lost as much as I had hoped.  After one year, my losses stopped.  My GERD is really severe when band is tight enough.  However, the real problems is after that loss of the first year, one starts to feel, the problem is solved.  After a year I began to gain back weight and at the end of five years I weigh within 20 pounds of my original high weight.  

I was in a support group for all types of surgeries.  The people with by pass lost the most weight and the most rapidly.  However after about two years, they began to gain weight back too and now weigh much more than they had hoped for.

It is probably not the surgery that you have, but the following of the plan.  Most people I know just start eating too many things they shouldn't eat and grazing on the wrong foods during the day.

The key is like any diet or weight loss plan, you have to stay with the plan and not cheat.  Some call it cheating the band or cheating the pouch.