"Today"

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 12:52 pm, edited 3/21/16 12:56 pm

I held hands with the sun today, I just walked outside, palms upward, and when I felt them warm, I knew they were filled with the sun.

I held hands with my son today, sittin' on that couch right there. We spoke of Springtime and Baseball. Then we just sat there awhile.

I held hands with the SON today. And He just held my hand right back. And I was at peace, and I wasn't in pain.

I wrote that for my son last week when I was really worried about my wife, and it was me trying not to worry about her. I share it today because it might help someone *****ads it know that whatever is going on in your life, it will be alright if we hold on to hope. 

I'm 7 months in to my RNY, it's been unbelievably simple so far. It all came down to my deciding to rid myself of the poisonous thinking that was making me turn to food for emotional support. I was lucky to realize early on that it is really that easy. It's a DECISION to live a fit and healthy life.

It's a misnomer to call it "WLS" because then people assume that it is what IS responsible for losing the weight. It is the cause for malabsorbtion, which some might surmise that is the reason for losing. But then what about people simply raising their calorie level to counter it? It is the cause for some vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

Nope! The reason I'm losing this unwanted weight is because I DECIDED to. I needed the first 3 months to get off of all solid food, that helped me to mourn all of the things I chose to never eat again. The last 4 months have been my time to start to re-tool my body and re-gain my former range of motion.

Now the hard part gets to start for me. The free fall losing has ended. Now the stair step begins. Then the really hard maintenance starts. I have Decided that what ever comes my way, it will be faced only through the steady hand of remembering daily that it is my choice to succeed at this.

Or my choice to fail. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/16 1:13 pm

I really really love that

"I have Decided that what ever comes my way, it will be faced only through the steady hand of remembering daily that it is my choice to succeed at this.

Or my choice to fail. "

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 1:52 pm

That is, I swear the only thing that matters to me. If just 1 person gets me, I know that at least I'm not flyin' solo...Thanks Hala. You're a great mind here. And I value your opinion.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/21/16 4:19 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Hala is so right.  Those are words to live by, for WLS or for life in general.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 5:25 pm

Hi Mo. Thank you for the kind words. I deeply appreciate your opinion.

Lilly8985
on 3/21/16 1:15 pm

Beautiful poem and very wise words!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 1:53 pm

Thank you. Hope there is something helpful in there.

Kathy S.
on 3/21/16 2:24 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 5:36 pm

Hey, a few more and we'll have a centi-emoji-pede. 

roxytrim
on 3/21/16 3:36 pm, edited 3/21/16 9:50 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Gary all that walking in your wacky outfits amoung those rain forests have made you wise and with that attitude you are going to LOVE maintenance.  You sound confident you will make the choice to succeed.  

We have all "enjoyed" unbridled eating, now is the time to enjoy unbridled health