RNY or VGS

MsBatt
on 3/23/16 7:51 pm

ALL surgery is invasive! I'm not sure you understand the DS. The DS DOES remove a significant portion of the stomach, leaving a Sleeve, just like the VSG does. It also reroutes a significant portion of the small intestine. This is what gives the DS its incredible staying power---unlike the RNY, the DS gives PERMANENT malabsorption of a significant per centage of calories. (Both the RNY and the DS cause permanent malabsorption of certain vitamins and minerals.)

Excess skin depends on your genetics more than anything. How you lose the weight---traditional 'diet and exercise', Sleeve, RNY, DS, doesn't matter. The DS is the WLS that's most likely to KEEP that weight off long-term.

MTS31801
on 3/23/16 8:15 pm

Thank you Me.Batt. I have researched the DS surgery. I watched a video of what the surgery is all about.  Several friends of mine are recommending the sleeve, but their health conditions are different from mine. My friends daughter got the sleeve last year. So far she has lost 90 lbs. Through what I've researched I believe the DS is best for me. Thank you again.