Last days on Optifast

mamabear1412
on 3/17/16 9:17 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I'm scheduled for my surgery on Monday!!! I am in my last few days of Optifast (it will be 3 weeks of shakes by Monday) but I am finding myself CRAZY hungry the last few days. I have also worked a night shift. Would it be ok to have one extra shake today? I haven't been hungry like this since day 4 or 5. Any advice?

SKmammabear
on 3/17/16 10:27 am

CONGRATULATIONS!  From one mamabear to another!  teehee!!  I did ask my surgeons office the same question about taking an extra shake here and there and that is so much better than the alternative!!  Yes, it's ok to have extra protein shakes, just don't eat, eat!  Happy surgery day to you!!

peacebypiece
on 3/17/16 11:24 am

Hi Mammabear: I hear you--I have surgery on Monday too and will be completing 3 weeks of optifast!! Don't know the answer to the question but wanted to wish you well on Monday!! We are almost there!

mamabear1412
on 3/19/16 5:14 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

We are SO close! Good luck on Monday!

Curvey1
on 3/20/16 8:05 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 03/22/16

Good luck tomorrow!!!  It's finally here and sounds like you did well on the pre-op Optifast.  I am scheduled for VSG on Tuesday 3/22.   Hope your surgery goes well and you have a great recovery!