About the honeymoon?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/17/16 10:16 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

For sleevers, yes you're always sleeved, no malabsorption. I've heard the honeymoon period is the time when you're most motivated to lose the weight. You're excited, you've just had surgery, learning new things, maybe exercising more,etc.  As you get further out from surgery your enthusiasm wanes, old habits start to creep back in & it starts to feel more like work to keep losing weight & keep it off. Surgery starts with your stomach, but everything else ends with your head. 

The honeymoon can be as long as you want it to be, but in the end it takes work to get it off & keep it off.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/18/16 11:59 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Your sleeve will loosen up over time.  You'll be able to eat more at 12 months than you can at 3 months.

After surgery, you will be highly motivated as the weight seems to fall off.  Over time as weight loss slows down, you might start to incorporate foods that you restricted yourself from initially.  It's hard to maintain the dedication needed to stick to an 800 calorie diet over time.

With the RNY, they have the added feature of malabsorption which the VSG doesn't have.  All we have is restriction, and hopefully the sense of feeling hunger is abated due to the reduction in ghrelin.

If you stay committed, there's no limit as to how much weight you can lose.  Unfortunately, it's hard to be a zealot forever 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/18/16 3:03 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, you will always have a sleeve. But as Mo said, it'll stretch a bit as everything heals up.

A month post-op, I could handle half an egg. Barely.

Six months post-op, I could do a whole egg.

Two years out, I could probably eat two if I tried.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/23/16 9:26 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Best eggsplanation I have heard.   Totally accurate.

Sharon

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/23/16 9:19 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

When was your surgery??

Sharon

tinacristina
on 3/23/16 9:33 am

My surgery was 10/8/2016. I find that I am hungry frequently. I can't eat a lot and when I eat the right foods: dense protein/veg, etc...I can't eat much but give it a few hours and I am ready to eat again so I find that i graze alot. I recently went on a trip and I really found myself sticking to my really good foods and I know that help me lose a few pounds. However, I also find that I can easily eat chips or bread (slider foods) with such a breeze and sadly they don't make me feel as uncomfortable as the protein does. When I eat healthy I can't eat a lot but I don't feel so great after I am done eating. Even the small amounts. 

I can eat 2 eggs now where before only 1

I can eat anything really..I like to eat smoked oysters and clams. Strange I know but they are high protein and my stomach does well with them. What I do struggle with is drinking water. I can't drink very much still. I do better drinking from a straw even though they suggest not to do that I can get more water in my stomach this way. 

I just hope that in a year I am able to eat as little as I do today. My weight loss is slow and I know that's is more doing/choices. I am finally seeing a drop again in weight after 2 months. I got to stick to the protein and vegies...that is truly the trick or else I am failing the system that was given/purchased by me. 

Thanks for all hour input. Helps a ton!