Hunger pains?

Turtlewoman68
on 3/16/16 12:21 pm - Knoxville, TN
VSG on 01/26/16

I'm close to my 2 month postop date ! Lost 30lbs so far!!!  Have the constant rumbling/growling/gnawing in my sleeve/stomach!!!

I still can't drink water without some spasm type pain when it gets to the sleeve.

When or if will I be able to drink and not hurt after? It's to the point of not drinking enough! I just tolerate it, granted it isn't so bad I double over in pain but not the most comfortable feeling.

I've went back to drinking shakes to get my protein amounts in bu****er is still a problem. Shakes hurt at times but def can't be cold.

So any advice? I do take my PPI and Pepcid twice daily. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/16/16 12:35 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You might need to switch to another type of PPI.  Call your doctor's office and tell them what you said above.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/17/16 5:10 am

I am 8 years post op. Most of the time I can't drink plain water. Most of thevtine I can drink flavored water. Initially could not drink anything cold. Or very hot. It had to be at least room temperature is warm. Nothing acidic. It got better over the years but sometimes it is still hard.  And hurts. Spasms. 

Protein shakes bother me sometimes. Again - it can be the taste, type or temperature... Either one - or all 3. 

I hope you find something that works. Try try and try some more...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."