Fitbit tip, Costco trip and where is a man when you need one!

Kathy S.
on 3/16/16 8:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning  

No carb, low carb is the way to go for me.  My first stop was Costco, I wanted to stock up on eggs, proteins and also bought some low carb veggies like spinach.  I had purchased a Fitbit HR but had not used it.  I charged that sucker up and proudly put it on with the thought of walking all the isles.  As I was approaching the front I checked my steps and it said "6". SAY WHAT? Am I that short it doesn't register my steps?  I discovered if you are holding a cart your arm its not registering the steps.  Thanks member alouisa63 for the suggestion of putting it on your shoe.  I started all over again and looked like a nut walking with one hand on the cart, swinging my other arm 

Food

B:  egg, red pepper, onion scramble

S:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Shrimp,low carb veggie stir fry

D:  Roasted chicken

S:  Hard Cheese

Trying to go low carb/no carb

Total Carbs - 15.8

Moved to Lose

Biked 5 miles

I know, I know the man comment was not PC but it's my journey and I can cry what I want too!  I could no longer afford a gym membership and weights are key for me to lose.  I had purchased a weight bench/set some time ago and HATE, HATE putting things together and to be honest that was my hubby's thing.  

Sigh, I am going to give it the college try.  Pray, chant anything you think will help

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

White Dove
on 3/16/16 10:00 am - Warren, OH
Just have patience and faith and you Wil get it together. It always takes me more than one attempt but I am proud when I accomplish what used to be my husbannd's job.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 3/16/16 11:11 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks White Dove for all your support and great advice. We are never to old to learn new things 

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/16 10:15 am

It is humbling for me to be this proud of two women of whom I already have a great amount of respect for. You Kathy, for being so positive and encouraging to everyone here daily. Even when a revolution was occurring in your life. And you White Dove, for giving such well thought out, compassionate respect to all who ask of you. You're both GREAT examples for not other women, but for HUMANS. You both have my utmost respect.

Kathy, if you just ask, I will go to you and help you with all of it.

Gary.

Kathy S.
on 3/16/16 11:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks Gary you ROCK!  

alouisa63
on 3/16/16 11:26 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I ran up to costco at lunch to get some beef jerky and cheese whisps and totally forgot to move my Fitbit!  It's too hard to push the cart one handed and avoid running into the old people having lunch at the freebie taste carts - it's like playing Frogger! 

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Kathy S.
on 3/16/16 11:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

NO KIDDING!  People were looking at me like I had lost my mind, but I got me step logged 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/16/16 6:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Just a tip, try pushing the cart at arms length, then it can see your feet & count your steps. Also if you bike ride, it'll only count like half the steps & if you use a recumbent bike it won't count anything unless you wrap it around your ankle. I've actually done this on those days when it was just to crappy out to bike ride/when I didn't feel like going out.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kathy S.
on 3/17/16 8:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks T for the advice and yes, biking is my go to :-)  I use MapMyRide and love it. Do you use it?