I'm easy like Sunday morning.

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/16 2:51 pm

I don't know if I'm slow on the uptake. Or, if I'm right on time with some things. Like the song "easy" for instance. I've heard that song at least 600-700 times in my life. I know the words like everyone else does, the melody. 

But I actually listened to it yesterday, in a down mood, scared of the unknown while in the hospital yesterday. In a waiting room with about 30 other worried people, watching hour 3 of Nancy Reagan's academy award show/funeral. I put my headphones on to drowned out the noisy room. "Easy" started to play.

It was like a life raft found by a man drifting in an ocean. Lionel sings about resolve, deciding on something, becoming a man. And then realizing he knew it all along. He did all he could, it was enough. not to make her happy, but to make him happy. I found myself in one of those rare moments in life when it's perfect. All of your thoughts are in complete harmony.

I'm a tree planter. I think of them as my kids. I've planted about 500 seeds around my property. I walk by them daily, sometimes I check them. I forget most times. I planted the first about 2009. I live in a rainforest, and I plant trees. I never said I was smart, only interesting. I will keep planting trees, and ******g off the squirrels for stealing their winter food. I suppose one day, I'll move to Alaska to start an artificial snow making company. 

Grim_Traveller
on 3/12/16 8:10 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Since you have decided to analyze lyrics from old pop songs, please tell me what the hell this is all about:

Muskrat, Muskrat, candle light
Doin' the town and doin' it right in the evenin'
It's pretty pleasin'
Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug at a Muskrat Land
And they shimmy, Sam is so skinny

And they whirl and they twirl and they tango
Singin' and jinglin' a jangle
Float like the heavens above
Looks like Muskrat Love

Nibblin' on bacon
Chewin' on cheese
Sam says to Suzie
Honey, would you please be my Mrs
Suzie says, yes, with her kisses
Now, he's ticklin' her fancy
Rubbin' her toes
Muzzle to muzzle
Now anything goes as they wriggle
Sue starts to giggle

And they whirled and they twirled and they tango
Singin' and jinglin' a jangle
Floatin' like the heavens above
Looks like muskrat love

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 3/12/16 9:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You can't make someone recovering from surgery laugh that hard.... I forgot about that crazy song and never really looked  at the lyrics.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/16 6:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Right? Disturbing, disturbing lyrics. The Captain and Tennille actually played that song at the White House, in front of Queen Elizabeth. That was the best we had to offer?

Sadly, Tennille filed for divorce last year. Nothing lasts forever -- except horny muskrats.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ttfan
on 3/13/16 4:12 am
RNY on 08/15/16

My husband and I laugh about that song all of the time. My husband writes and plays music and we really can't understand why anyone would actually write that...lol

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 6:13 am

This is the National Anthem of "Furry Nation". They're having a conference soon.