1 week/15 pound stall?!

sadlcm
on 3/8/16 3:36 pm
RNY on 02/15/16

I had gastric bypass done on 2/15, within the first week I lost 15 pounds...I am now 3 weeks postop and have had no further loss. 

I'm still struggling getting all of my fluids down, averaging about 60-70 a day, and getting about 60g of protein a day. I'm also walking & trying to get out of the house so that I'm not sitting still. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this normal? I know people usually stall at 3 weeks, but one week seems kinda crazy. 

I'm kinda feeling like I did all of this for ONLY 13 pounds. It's very discouraging. 

By the way, I know this has probably been posted before - I'm new here, so my apologies if I did not post correctly. 

rocky513
on 3/8/16 4:16 pm - WI

Go to the magnifying glass (in the blue bar at the top of the page) and search "three week stall".  You will get HUNDREDS of replies to read through.  Everyone goes through it and it is completely normal.  We don't lose weight every day or even every week.  We lose weight in a stair-step fashion (lose a little, stay the same weight for a while, lose a little more, rinse and repeat).  

Just keep working your program and stay off the scale if it stresses you out.  Take your measurements.  You are losing fat even if the scale doesn't say so.  It's a much better way to measure your progress.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/16 6:02 pm

A man once decided he was to build his own house. He gathered all of the tools and supplies necessary. He purchased the land, got all of the permits. Then...he waited for the house to appear.

He waited all winter, but no house. "What is wrong?" he wondered. Then, one day he picked up the hammer and a nail, and joined two pieces wood. Then he made a simple frame. Then he joined several frames into a wall. This work went on everyday and soon he had made a structure. Time passed, the man completed his house. Then he started a shed to hold all of his tools. Soon he had built an entire complex of buildings. 

You too were given a great belt of tools to combat an enemy we could not fight alone. We must fight him daily, the same way one performs upkeep on a home. We are never before and after. We are before and during.

If you truly intend to live this lifestyle for the long haul, then don't sweat the stalls. Only sweat following the rules. Get your water, weigh all of your food to what your plan calls for. Try to move as much as you can. So many people have done this before us, just learn from them. They will show you the way. There is NO finish line.

Good luck.

supershopper
on 3/8/16 6:21 pm

You are lucky to have lost 15 in one week. My first month out I only lost 12. You didn't gain all your weight in 1 week you didn't expect it to come off in 1 week?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8