simple piece.

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/16 4:19 pm

I was in my PCP's office today, he was talking to me."Wow! Florencio, you've lost 150 pounds so far." It rang hallow to me. I could not figure out why losing this weight and hitting my marks has so far meant so little to me. My life is better by far, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that losing the weight early on is mostly because of the malabsorption caused by the RNY.

I was there listening to him and he was fitting me for new knee braces."These are going to help you, until you strenghten the muscles around the legs". He said. Then BANG! It hit me.This surgery wasn't for only all of the weightloss. It was to give me a reset to give me time fix my brain. Almost like a brace for my brain. To rewire it. Then suddenly, I felt very bad for all of the grief I must have given all of my vets, while you waited patiently for me to "get it". 

I realize now, for me, this place is not to be approached like facebook, or some popularity contest. The stuff that goes on here is way bigger than that to me. It's the special people here that have already taught me more than my surgeon could have. He knows the procedure's involved. He asked me how I lost so much weight at my 6 month. I looked at him, and as I was saying it, I was realizing it also. "Obesity Help is where I learned most of it".

I'm glad there is a steady stream of newb's  coming through here, because it keeps everything in a constant learning cycle. I say to them. The VETS here are why this place exists. You guys should get all of the credit. When I came here, I had a chip on my shoulder because I'm a veteran of the military. I now realize the difference between the two. And I have 11 friends here, 3 asked me. The other 8, I respected the first thing of their's I read. They are my friends because I asked them nicely to help me. I cherish them. Peace people. good luck on your journey.

Kathy S.
on 3/2/16 5:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Gary,

You have inspired so many with your posts, you just don't realize yet the positive impact you are going to have on others. Yes, you!!!  I am almost 12 years out and there are times I still sit and think of all the changes weight loss has brought to my life.  And there are times when I still can't believe it.

You are a work in progress my friend, take it one day at a time and you are leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of post weight loss people. We are here for you always!  

Regards,

Kathy

PS..yes I am a rainbow person LOL, don't roll your eyes  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/16 5:33 am

You're the best Kathy.

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/16 7:16 pm - CA

Well said, Gary! 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/4/16 1:23 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Very well said.  I'm going to remember that when I go in here 3/14 for my revision from band to sleeve.  I didn't get it the first time.  I thought... I'll just eat less, but of the same silly crap I ate before.  /sigh it's so simple yet so hard to transition your brain.

I feel far more strong and ready to tackle my true issue this time.  No more sugar monster and I have said my goodbyes to my fast food life style.  I have a plan, I have a solid partner who also wants this new life style.  I am going to brace my brain and get myself together.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com