Crohn's Disease/ Psoriatic Arthritis/ Diabetes/ High Blood Pressure- IT'S TIME!

bbwhouston
on 3/1/16 5:44 pm - Cleveland, TX

I have a TON of diseases. My Dr. mentioned today that surgery might help. But this Dr. does not specialize in Crohn's nor WLS. From her point of view yeah... diabetes, arthritis and high blood pressure SURE! But Crohn's? Has ANYONE with Crohn's had WLS? I've read articles but I really would like to know if someone has had WLS!

Any information would be great!

White Dove
on 3/2/16 7:32 am - Warren, OH

You need to talk with a weight loss surgeon to see if one would be willing to do the surgery on you.  I doubt that you will find anyone on here who had Crohn's and weight loss surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

handtlkr
on 3/3/16 11:03 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

My brother had Chrohn's and nearly died from lack of nutrition.  He looked like an emaciated starving person, which was because he couldn't hold any calories.  He's never needed any weight managment, but I'm pretty sure, as WhiteDove stated, you may not be able to find anyone to touch you with that.  It's an extremely serious, could be deadly, disease if not treated properly.  Lack of nutrition is the issue and with him, he had to eat over 6,000 calories a day just to try to stay alive, but that wasn't even enough. There's no way you would ever be able to get in that many calories a day, if necessary, with weight loss surgery.  

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/4/16 9:29 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi,

If you type Crohns into the search box quite a few things come up. I'm not sure if any of them will be helpful to you but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Talkingmountain
on 3/6/16 1:08 pm
RNY on 12/28/15

Crohn's is generally cured (yes, I did say the "c" word) with a whole-foods, starch-based, no-added-oil diet.  It's very filling and satisfying so you won't feel deprived.  Check out drmcdougall.com or look up surgeon Dr Garth Davis' Facebook site.  

Not only that, but eating that way will lower your blood bressure and you will lose wt, all of which help you be better prepared for WLS.  Be careful though because it reduces/eliminates type 2 diabetes so quickly that you can have dangerous low-glycemic events if you don't work with your doctor to reduce your insulin at the same time.  

I followed dr mcdougalls diet years before WLS and it worked amazing -- in fact I'm just now at the weight I reached effortlessly (no exercise then, I swear I'm telling the truth). Bbeing a sugarholic though I found it tough to stick with long term, so I ended up needing WLS. now I am greadually re-adopting a plant based diet so that the weight stays off forever (plus all unbiased research shows that it is the single healthiest way to eat) and I feel great.

I hope you will try it and experience the same incredible healing.  

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid!