Acid reflux diet? 7 wk post op

Froggieluvr
on 2/28/16 12:50 am

Tried to stop my PPI (which worked great) my prescription had finished. I had some extra and finished it. Since, I stopped I'm miserable. I bought more. Waiting to hear from my doctor. MISERY! 

What do you eat and drink to calm it? Any advice appreciated. 

7 weeks post op

Gastric Sleeve

Eggface
on 2/28/16 5:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

As a severe GERD sufferer from a kid to 35 years old (ended the day I had RNY, thankfully) I feel you... sucks. I hope your Dr. gets to the bottom of it. Glad you are in communication with your Dr about it. Were you a pre-op sufferer? 

Water usually helped a bit. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Froggieluvr
on 2/29/16 9:50 am

Thanks for responding. No, I wasn't having any issues pre op. Had some during pregnacies only. 

I hope it passes. I had the sleeve, so I hope it's not permanent. I've read some people suffer after sleave. 

DonnaMaria
on 2/28/16 6:01 am

Hi. In a punch I've used tums for acid reflux and they helped. My dr. puts you on PPI's for three months.

Froggieluvr
on 2/29/16 9:52 am

My dr had me on it for a month. I had taken it longer. But one day without was miserable! I bought more. My friends dr had her on them for 3 months, like you said. She's fine now. I hope it's the same for me. Thanks for responding 

RNY0615
on 2/28/16 7:16 am

I had RNY which completely ended my GERD suffering,  but my surgeon recommends staying on a PPI indefinitely to reduce chances of ulcers.  Your doctor will probably renew your prescription.  

For immediate relief,  milk helps a bit,  also pickle juice helps.  I've heard vinegar but haven't tried that. 

Froggieluvr
on 2/29/16 9:53 am

Pickle juice. Yum! Odd but I'd try that. I'm taking notes. Thank you!

acbbrown
on 2/28/16 8:33 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Avoid acidic foods - coffee especially. Don't let your stomach get too full or too empty. My first year, I was supposed to sip a protein shake over 2-3 hours and water in between meals. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Froggieluvr
on 2/29/16 9:55 am

Thanks, I'll stay away from the acidic foods. Anything to avoid that misery. I stopped coffee before surgery. Oh how I miss it. Lol

BayouGirl
on 3/12/16 6:21 am

Try baking soda in some water