0ne year ago

Gvillegas56
on 2/27/16 9:05 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

Hello I had my gastric sleeve March 31 2015 this is how my year went. Was it hard yes it's work but it was worth it. I do not regret having my sugary it was the best thing I could have done for my self. I use to think weight loss surgery was the easy way out well it's not you still have to work at it. I started my journey at 393 lbs and only 30 years old and it scared me so close to 400 lbs I had to do something. So I started looking in to it and I found that there was a doctor coming from Las Curses NM Dr Felts signed my mother and me for a seminar and told my mom afterwards that I signed us up told her we were just going to check it out that's all LOL Dr Felts and his wife are so great and wonderful three months later my mom had her surgery December 31 2014 starting weight for her was 353 lbs. We have worked are butts off I'm proud to say that I have lost 200 lbs in 10 months my current weight is 193 lbs my mother as lost 201lbs in a year her current weight is 152 lbs. I'm so glad that my life has changed for the better and I'm healthier and happy.

AnImperfectAngel
on 2/27/16 9:17 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Wow! Both you and your Mom are incredibly inspirational. Congrats to you both and how lovely that you did it together. Just wonderful!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

BeautifulMe84
on 2/28/16 4:57 am
VSG on 03/10/16

You look AMAZING!! I have my sleeve surgery March 10th,2016 and I hope to do as great and you did and so many others on this site. Inspirational.

Laura in Texas
on 2/28/16 5:09 am

Congrats!! Please continue fighting every day for your health. It is so easy to think we are "cured" and fall back into old habits. I have been a member of the bariatric community over 8 years now and have seen way too many people gain most of their weight back. Do not let this happen to you!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gvillegas56
on 2/28/16 6:37 am
VSG on 03/31/15

Thank you I love to hear from ones that are so far along and that have done so good that is truly an inspiration. My journey is far from over its just the beginning yes it was hard to loose weight but not has hard as its going to be to maintain. I to have some friends that have had surgery and then gained it back i  bet  they would have never guessed that they would be right back to were they started.  i just think how easy it was for me to get to 393 lbs and how easy it could be right back i don't want that to happen my sleeve is my tool a gift that was given to me I to hope to look back 8 years from now to because that is the true goal this is just the stepping stone thank you for your inspiration 

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/28/16 8:22 am

Looks like you are smart beyond your 30 years old... 

Learn on others mistake..don't repeat them.  Life is going to throw you curved balls, challenges. Don't make them as an an excuse to stop caring about your weight...  

Don't eat your stress... It is so easy to go back to old habbits... 

Don't drink alcohol.. And watch for transfer addiction... It is so easy to slip... 

I do hope you plan and start saving for plastics.  I had them for me. So I could feel whole again.  

Good luck... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cheremiste
on 2/28/16 7:38 am

Congratulations on your great accomplishment! I hope to be as successful as you are (my surgery is April 4)

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/28/16 12:23 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Serious Congrats are in order - for both of you.

I'm a little over a year out and I do not believe in Before and After Pictures - just Then and NOW.  Since I started maintenance, I take a picture of myself at the beginning of every month in this size 6 gown that I bought for a gala soirre at my first anniversary.  It just zippered and there was not room to gain an ounce.  I would suggest that you consider some weekly and monthly events to catch any problems while they are manageable and to have a Plan B in case you do run into difficulties.

Best of Everything

Sharon

Gvillegas56
on 2/28/16 2:53 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

Thank you for the info I'm keeping track of inches and weight in a book every 18 I write my inches and weight down so I can keep track of what I'm doing 

Patm
on 2/29/16 7:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Your positive attitude and hard work have paid off. I hope you continue to have success