Im not losing any weight 3 weeks post op :( mini gastric bypass

nanarahim93
on 2/24/16 8:28 pm

hi guys its been 3 weeks since ive had my mini gastric bypass.for the first week i lost about 9kg.then on the second week it kinda just slow down.now im 98kg then and then sometimes i go up to 99 then down again to 98.what is happening? am i at a stall?

White Dove
on 2/25/16 12:49 am - Warren, OH

That is the way the body loses weight.  Do a search on three week stall.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

nanarahim93
on 2/25/16 6:27 am

thank you for replying :) have you ever experienced a low grade fever post op ,heard that i need to careful with fever since it might be because of leak?

White Dove
on 2/25/16 8:32 am - Warren, OH

It never happened to me, but can be a sign of a leak.  Here is an Article About Leaks

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/25/16 3:09 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Hi - Patience maybe needed - stay on track.  You've lost 9 ks since surgery - that is a lot (I only lost about 5 kgs a month).  Prob some of your early loss was water and your body is recovering from the rigors of surgery.  Stay on track, weigh once a week and shortly you will be elated.  For us in the US, it's a little easier psychologically because a pound = 2.2 kgs.   So, 10-12 pounds a month loss (what I did) sounds more than 5 kgs.  But hang in there - in a year you will be amazed.

PS Mini-gastric bypasses are not common in US - where did you have yours done?  (Was it done by the famous Dr. Kular?  I love his videos.  I enjoyed someone saying the same thing as my doctor only from totally around the world.) 

PPS - A stall is more than a month with no loss (even people just on a conventional diet experience those plateaus). 

Sharon

nanarahim93
on 2/25/16 6:25 am

hi ,first of all thank you for taking the time to reply.im from malaysia actually and got my surgery done here.it is pretty common here in malaysia.Thank you for saying that and yes patience is what i need ..hopefully it'll get better in time,and also have you experienced any low grade fever post op?all these stuffs about fever relating to leak is making me paranoid...

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 2/25/16 6:38 am
WLS on 12/29/15

I had a week 2-4 stall. Talk about a freak out. Just keep your cool. Maybe put the scale away for a week. Open up to others who you trust who will encourage you, explain how a lot of people go through the stall and you need support. Keep walking, keep drinking, keep getting your protein! :) You got it!

nanarahim93
on 2/25/16 7:24 am

thank you so much for the support,signing up for this site is not a bad idea after all :) all the best to you as well

hollykim
on 2/25/16 7:46 am, edited 2/25/16 12:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 25, 2016 at 4:28 AM Pacific Time, nanarahim93 wrote:

hi guys its been 3 weeks since ive had my mini gastric bypass.for the first week i lost about 9kg.then on the second week it kinda just slow down.now im 98kg then and then sometimes i go up to 99 then down again to 98.what is happening? am i at a stall?

a low grade fever is not unusual. You would know if you had a leak, feels like you are dying.

Make sure you is are  taking deep breaths and coughing, even if it hurts. Pneumonia is a concern after any surgery.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/25/16 7:49 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Love it - A Metric Sense of Humor!

Sharon