Is the Black Bean Pasta Legit... or too good to be true?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/24/16 11:51 am

Saute them very gently in a bit of butter for a minute or so..  (not too long) They get more like noodles.. and you can roll them on a fork like real noodles.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 2/23/16 7:12 am

Thank you for posting this guys! My hubby is a diabetic and I got PCOS so we both work hard to make sure there are no insulin spikes. We zoodle A LOT but it takes time (whine)!  So, I am going to try this out on us.

Thank you for telling us about this product. I will try to serve it where it is the only carb for meal and see if he will take his blood sugar level. It woudl be super cool if he would experiment and help us out!

:)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/23/16 7:40 am, edited 2/22/16 11:38 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Some one on here posted about Organic Mung Bean Fettuccine - it's a pale green color when cooked - like spinach pasta.  It had high protein - 1oz (more than enough) 91 cal, 25g prot, 3g sug, 6 gms fiber.  Only ingredients - mung bean 92%, water 8%.

It tastes a little proteiny, but I have it once in awhile.  Imported from China, but has all these official stamps on it- Kosher/parve, Vegan, USDA Organic, Gluten Free.

Sounds like the same stuff but using Mung Beans not black beans.  A 7oz bag has lasted several months and its only half used.

I make the mung bean 'fettuccine,'  shrimp, a little butter and a little parm cheese.   Like 10 strands are plenty!

It has not turned me into a carb junkie.

Sharon

Eggface
on 2/23/16 7:49 am, edited 2/22/16 11:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

The brand I have seen... Explore Asia or Asian something like that. It was pretty great stats in comparison to the real deal... protein to carb ratio... like eating beans basically. I put them back on the shelf though... for me it's a psychological thing (I don't do pasta post-op 9+ years) I questioned whether eating them would only make me miss the real deal (I don't miss it currently, out of my life so long) and it would be a for lack of a better word... a gateway drug LOL to the real deal. With zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash there is enough difference in my mind. It's all the good toppings... meatballs, sauce, cheese I want anyway... the vehicle to hold that good stuff isn't what I am craving. If you get what I mean...

but yeah not bad stats... awful color LOL I've seen other beans used too... I have a local healthy market that carries chickpea, edamame, some had flour binders some didn't. 

On the labels... sadly not always the truth... supposed to be but remember that dreamfield's pasta? http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/dreamfields-offers-7-9-mi llion-lawsuit-settlement-over-low-carb-pasta-claims/22545 not so dreamy ;)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

crystal M.
on 2/23/16 8:11 am - Joliet, IL

This all sounds very....um...yuck (couldn't find a better word).  Does this stuff taste good?  I will eat all varieties of pasta but this sounds very unappetizing  

Maria27
on 2/23/16 11:34 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I thought so too, but it doesn't really taste like anything. It's more about the texture and the sauce. Personally, I do not like the mung bean as much as the black bean, but I don't miss the real stuff either.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

MarthaMiles
on 2/23/16 9:20 am

Interesting!

Heather P.
on 2/23/16 2:30 pm

Thanks for bringing this up, it sounds interesting.

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16