When your plan is thwarted...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/16 9:26 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Nifty! It's hard to get fresh produce when you're on a limited income, that's great that there's a program for it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Deanna798
on 2/23/16 3:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Umm, I'm about 5 minutes from Kroger, but that wasn't the point. I haven't eaten shrimp in a few weeks and was really looking forward to it. This instance was not a food obsession, but me trying to plan to be healthy and my husband tossing my **** The post WAS about adapting to surprises and not going off plan despite having to switch gears. In the past I would have just ordered pizza because my dinner plans were ruined.

Glad you got over over loving food 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

dog_hair_dinner
on 2/24/16 11:39 am, edited 2/24/16 3:37 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I think I get where you're coming from.  Having eaten healthy for many years and living with a husband who constantly eats fast food and take-out, I get very upset when my food is thrown out.  He can eat whatever he wants, but I don't have a choice but to eat food that I buy for myself.  It leaves me with this feeling like he doesn't understand or care about how important it is to me to have healthy food available.  I know he can't understand, because he's always eaten whatever he wants, without restriction.  He has no idea what it's like.  

I know he does care, but it's frustrating to not be understood and be on the same page.

RNY0615
on 2/23/16 6:36 am

Times like these when you lose your cool over such things, it's important to count your blessings. It should be some comfort to you knowing that you're not alone in life as some people are. You have a loving husband that not only works hard and comes home to you each night, but cleans out the fridge, too! I live alone, and have no one I am close to anywhere near me. It's fine, I handle my **** and get by ok, but in all reality- I am alone. No one messes with my stuff and my plans aren't thwarted by others. Things are always where I left them. Those are MY blessings! :) 

It's great that you still ate healthy despite the shake-up in your plans, though. I'm a big time planner (with OCD tendencies) and so I understand the panic that sets in when something isn't going as planned. It's easy to throw it all away and make bad choices out of emotion. Don't forget your protein, though! 

White Dove
on 2/23/16 7:32 am - Warren, OH

I finally kicked the A-1 sauce after many years, but will never eat shrimp without ****tail sauce.  I don't even like scampi that much, just shrimp with ****tail sauce.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/23/16 7:49 am, edited 2/22/16 11:47 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I totally understand - waiting all day for a pleasant dinner of something we really like only to be disappointed.  It helps to understand how important food is to us as human beings.

Great Plan B improvisation - your head game was spot on and came up with a great plan B - no throwing your health overboard because you'll have to wait a day or two for that luscious shrimp ****tail.

PS I truly understand this - I am a happy camper at any gathering as long as there is shrimp ****tail.  No shrimp ****tail, and every other piece of crap food now is a tempting morsel that I need to struggle against and be happy with munching a carrot into pulp before I can swallow it.  I will happily bring my own - but I become pissed if hostess who said not to because she will have it and she doesn't.  I only got fooled once by that bull**** - I take mine anyway.

Sharon

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/16 8:39 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I get WAY out of whack when things don't happen the way I expect them to. Probably part of my bipolar. But throw in hormones, like the post-op hormone dump or pregnancy? Yeah, been there done that got the t-shirt.

Best remedy? "Honey, I'm sorry, hormones are stupid, I love you." :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/23/16 9:14 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

It's not a pointless post. I too have to catch myself when I see that I'm getting mad about something that's not worth getting mad about. If anything I learn to have a backup plan.

Like when I was at work someone threw out my low calorie juice. It was 1 of those 50 percent juices which is really jus****ered down juice. No one in my station drinks this except me & I was totally ticked, saw it right in the trash with juice still in it. Apparently someone thought the best buy date was the same as the expired by date or just didn't notice. I kinda know who it was since he's the only one that treats the fridge as if it was his.

Anyway went right out bought another one, then wrote in sharpie, Don't touch!, Do not throw out! Property of T Brown! None of my stuff got thrown away again. EVER! LOL 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Dolphingirl1385
on 2/23/16 2:50 pm

I understand about looking forward to something and then it gets ruined when it doesnt go as planned (OCD here). The worst though is several times someone has thrown out or eaten my lunch at work. Talk about pissed! I went on a rampage! I took all the time to plan and prepare my food for some idiot to come along and eat it. Seriously! I not only went on a rampage but also complained to my boss. It happened several times before I finally went postal. People need to respect your stuff and leave it alone, Period. Since the outburst  and nasty messages written on the board in the lounge, it hasnt happened again. 

DS on June 13, 2014 with Ara Keshishian