When your plan is thwarted...

Grim_Traveller
on 2/23/16 3:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ttfan
on 2/23/16 3:35 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am new on here, but I have to say that our forefathers never meant for us to eat a hot dog without ketchup,mustard and onions!  

AngryViking
on 2/23/16 5:27 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You can have my mustard when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

LeapSecond
on 2/23/16 12:24 pm - AR

If it weren't for condiments I don't think I would get enough veggies.  Ketchup is tomato.  I also have about 5 different salts. That way i get minerals too. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

MyLady Heidi
on 2/22/16 10:43 pm

Where do you live?  No grocery stores anywhere?  Stock up if you live that far from civilization.  It's just food, you eat everyday, skipping one day is good for you, try again tomorrow.  I only get freaky if my lemons are missing, which they never are, because if the zombie apocalypse is coming the one thing I would have stores of is lemon.  I used to care about food but that **** got me fat and needing wls.

NHPOD9
on 2/22/16 11:01 pm

In all seriousness, Heidi, how are your teeth? Excess citric acid can do a number on enamel and affect one's temperature sensitivities. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

MyLady Heidi
on 2/22/16 11:40 pm

Very true, what is good for your stomach and digestion is tough on your teeth.  I had braces as a kid and already had enamel erosion on my front two teeth which was made worse by my love of lemon, I had the missing enamel repaired with dental bonding.  I never had any temperature sensitivities and I eat several lemons every single day. But My love of citric acid means there are many spicy things that I cannot physically eat because it's just too hot for my mouth.  But my love of lemons is very strong dating back to a child licking the lemons my grandfather cut for his tea.  I would literally stop eating altogether if I had to choose between my lemons and unsweetened tea and any other food. Wanna hear an irony, I have a lemon tree growing in my backyard, covered in Myers lemons, which I detest.  Just my luck.  My husband wants to cut it down and plant a regular lemon tree.  I find the tree standing there mocking me covered in too sweet of lemons which I cannot eat.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/16 8:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Throw them down the garbage disposal, they make your kitchen smell nice!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/23/16 8:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Also, get in touch with your local food pantry, or places like the women's shelter. Our local crisis nursery will GLADLY take donations from people who grow too much in their gardens, or people with citrus trees in their yards. They make lemonade for the kids :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MyLady Heidi
on 2/23/16 9:17 am

Actually here in Southern California you can donate your fruit and vegetables to the homeless, they have volunteers who come pick it and haul it away.  I don't eat any of the citrus that is growing on my property, as beautiful as the oranges and tangerines are they contain too much sugar and make me sick, so I donated everything, limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, I will donate a portion of the avocados also.  I made blessing bags for the homeless also and filled them with food, drinks, and supplies, warm socks etc.  My husband is a retired minister and has been involved in charitable programs to help those in need for many years, I am trying to continue his work.