30+ Day Stalls--What To Do?

shirleym
on 2/20/16 9:38 pm - Springfield, OR

To lose at my current weight, I have to keep calories under 800 per day.  I use My Fitness Pal and measure/record everything.  I highly recommend that app.

i know it is hard to cut back on the surgary foods, but it pays off on the scale.  Unfortunately, fruits are that type of carb and during the losing phase should be restricted - berries are your best fruit value as they are lower in carbs.  You can add back fruits in moderation when you achieve goal.

All time high weight - 366 lbs; initial loss 180 lbs

regained to 318 lbs; got back on track middle of Jan. 2015

current weight 172.4

Tish6918
on 2/20/16 9:47 pm - Seattle, WA

This is all really helpful and exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for your advice! I'll definitely cut out the fruit and adjust my proteins so I am eating more of them and eating denser kinds of protein as well. 

Any other tips or advice is welcome. Thanks again! 

RNY on 9/17/15. High Weight: 375 / Surgery Weight: 330

Tish6918
on 2/20/16 9:52 pm - Seattle, WA

PS.  What denser proteins would you recommend I check out? 

RNY on 9/17/15. High Weight: 375 / Surgery Weight: 330

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/16 6:14 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Meat, fish. Tunafish is probably the most protein per calorie. Turkey and chicken are right up there, followed by ham. Beef is excellent, but a little more calories because of the fat. But also tastier because of it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cheapskate
on 2/21/16 7:47 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Not sure which surgery you hadbut the rny board has a great daily what am I eating thread that gave me tons of ideas!  Those girls(and recently guys) have been instrumental in my success 

Catek2652
on 2/27/16 1:32 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

Fish (shrimp, oysters, tuna, scallops, tilapia, perch, etc.); Poultry (chicken, turkey, even duck - in moderation); Pork (chops, ham, ground, bacon - very small amount... like one strip a week); Beef (roast, ground, stew meat, steak). Because I'm eating so little (only 2 to 2.5 ounces of meat/fish at a meal; I can afford to get the best quality. We basically cook for hubby and I cut a couple of ounces off his larger piece.

Then (and only if I have room) I will eat some leafy green veggie - about 2 to 3 tablespoons like spinach, broccoli flowerets, turnip greens, collards, beet greens... Sometimes I will eat a tablespoon or so of beet root, turnip root, parsnips or zucchini or yellow squash. Most of this comes from our garden, so it's very fresh.

I am eating an egg or 3 ounces of cottage cheese mixed with 3 ounces of plain greek yogurt for breakfast. If I didn't eat an egg for breakfast, I will either eat a hardboiled egg or a cheese stick about 10 a.m. for a snack. Lunch is usually left overs from the night before. I do drink a Premier Protein shake about 3 p.m. and then the 2 ounces of meat for dinner.

When caught out unprepared, I have found that Mexican restaurants work out best for me: a side of beans or the inside of a fish taco.

I am enjoying real butter and avocado at least once daily.

Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water daily and take your vitamins.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/23/16 8:13 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You've lost over 100 pounds - Congrats.  But that is enough that your body has changed - you lost 20-25 pounds of muscle mass and you may need to replace that for your weight loss to continue at a good clip.  The only way to do that is to add progressive weight training to your exercise routine. 

The other suggestions about quantity of food are also essential. You have been at this long enough perhaps for bad habits to unconsciously slip back in.  Personally, I recently noticed that I was eating while I was cooking -- I never did that after surgery while I was losing weight and I have stopped doing it.

Hang in there - Celebrate that 100 loss - your stall will break and the scale may all of a sudden shift down.

Sharon

Winter2015
on 2/26/16 10:42 am

I am also stalled at 175-180 3 months now but I also know I am consuming too much carbs, so it helped to come here for motivation.