Losing weight but still not satisfied...

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/16 7:28 am

Wonderful post . Voiced just what I am thinking. So nice to know I am not alone. Our thinner bodies won;t make us look young again. In fact I think I look noticeably older with more wrinkles but I can walk and move and do things so much more easily. It is so worth it.

Ashley in Belgium
on 2/16/16 3:35 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I think most of us feel this way.  It is really a head trip and I certainly struggled - and continue to struggle - with accepting myself however much I weigh.

Yesterday I went for a mamogram screening.  I had to sit in a dressing room for 5 minutes in front of a full length mirror naked from the waist up.  I could NOT take my eyes off the tiny wrinkles of skin that folded over the waist of my jeans.  I had a TT - it should all be tight as a drum right?  I lost a ton of weight and and am sitting there in tiny sized jeans, should feel awesome right?  Hmmm.  Not exactly.  

It takes time I guess - it is better now that I am farther out, but we are our own worst critics.  You look fantastic.  What a smile!

Keep doing what you are doing - take lots of pictures and measurements.  It does help.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/16/16 4:29 am

Been there... Not there anymore... I now have the oposite problem. I look better in my head than I look in photos. Lol... 

What helped me along the way:

1. Proper fitting clothes -get new undies... BTW - the dress is supper nice.
  2. Save for plastics. 
  3. My face - I started getting botox app 1 year post op RNY to limit wrinkles..(at my age), now I am finally ready for face lift. I got fillers a few times...when I got super skinny and my face was really "hollow". 
  4. And last but not least - counseling and positive self affirmation...avoiding picking on my "non perfections" and instead find good things about myself.. I.e. when I look at my legs and see wrinkles - I replace that with seeing great muscles underneath the skin and memory of hiking miles these legs took me... The views... Sure I can fix the legs - but they are not that bad for my age and I don't want to pay $$$ and go through the pain.  So they are stuck with me... Summer time - long skirts...dresses.., winter - nylons, leggings and boots make other woman my age feel jealous...lol... 

Good luck.  It took me 2 years to really like myself... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

peachpie
on 2/16/16 11:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

"I now have the opposite problem. I look better in my head than I look in photos. Lol... "

THIS is why I never realized how obese I really was! I was shocked when I saw the before pic I took the morning of surgery!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/16 7:22 am

Flaws, what flaws? You look incredible. Congratulations on your great loss.

Deanna798
on 2/16/16 7:48 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I'll be seeing my therapist sin and will make suse to bring this up. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 2/16/16 8:49 am, edited 2/16/16 12:47 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Think I need to post this everywhere so I can see it daily. 

My wedding day in 2009 vs. This weekend. Probably 80lbs lighter.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

cheapskate
on 2/16/16 9:12 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I partially feel like when we were big we intentionally put ourhead in the sand.  I pay alot more attention to how I look now than I did before.  So I am alot more critical now than I was before... Before I just made a blanket statement that I looked like Jabba the Hut but now I look at every imperfect piece. 

Is that the dress you got on amazon?  I want one now. Super cute

Deanna798
on 2/16/16 9:20 am
RNY on 08/04/15

It is the dress I got on Amazon.  Look at the MUXXN line of dresses, they have so many cute ones and they are all affordable!

KattattaK
on 2/16/16 12:37 pm

Girl I'm loving that wedding dress!!!!