Losing weight but still not satisfied...

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/16/16 11:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Send them.  But do me a favor and don't wash them first, k?  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/16 12:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Oh, they were never going to see the inside of the washer.

Send me a lock of your hair in exchange.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/16/16 12:33 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Sounds like a fair deal.  Upper or lower?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/16 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

God Mo. Now I have water coming out of my nose. I can't drink when I read your posts.

And as for which end, if you have to ask . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

hollykim
on 2/15/16 4:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

Funny, I've lost over 100lbs, and it's still hard to look at myself.  I still judge the way I look, I'm not satisfied.  I am still 45lbs away from goal, but I wonder if I'll be happen even then?  When will I start feeling less critical of myself and how I look?

Here I am at 185lbs, and I find myself picking out all of the flaws.  blah.

could be some body dysmorphia also...google it. I have lost 120#,kept it off for 6 years,weigh 129.5#, wear a size 6 slim petite pants and an xs top and still can find things that are " wrong".

therapy might help if you aren't currently having any.

chassibi
on 2/16/16 7:22 am

You know I'm not anywhere near there yet Deanna, but I think you look fantastic! You were just gorgeous in your dress, and I had that drink Saturday night too btw, pretty yummy! :)

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

acbbrown
on 2/15/16 5:42 pm - Granada Hills, CA

For me, I have to actively live in gratitude to prevent the negative thoughts from taking over. Every night, without fail, I write a minimum of 5 things down that I'm grateful for - even silly absurd things. It doesn't change our perception issues per se, but when you actively focus on what's going good, the "bad" just doesn't seem so "bad" after all. 

It took me 4-5 years to overcome the body dysmorphia ...now, I feel like I pretty much see myself as I am. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

RNY0615
on 2/15/16 6:47 pm

You look great! 

I think this is partially body dysmorphia. There is a lot of research out about it that I have read up on and identify with closely since I have it for sure. Up until about a month ago, I would look in the mirror and STILL see the same body I had last year before I started this journey. Even comparing side-by-side before/afters, I was able to see slight differences, but not enough to substantiate the amount of weight I had lost. 

In the past month, however, out of the blue, when I look in the mirror (clothed), I see a new body. I finally LOOK my weight to me now, and I can't get enough! It's pretty amazing! I don't think there were any physical or attitude changes to bring this on. Nothing really changed except how I physically see myself in the mirror. I think it just took some time for my mental image to catch up with my physical appearance. 

Naked is a different story!!!! I still see a big fat girl when I look in the mirror naked. 

Same sort of thing happened with clothes shopping. Until recently, I would hold up my new size, then grab a size or two bigger thinking, "this is TINY! no way this will fit me!" only to try it on and find out I needed to go back out and get that "tiny" size after all. Then suddenly lately, the clothes that fit me look like they'll fit me. In fact, some of them even look too big to me even though they're my size. Our minds are pretty magnificent things.

I do also believe that part of your problem is just plain old human nature. Many seemingly flawless people (women AND men, although women are more vocal about it) see things with themselves that they'd like to change, some to the point of misery. There is a lot of interesting research on this, too, but the most compelling reason I have found is due to the "desired" body image our society puts forth through movies/tv/magazines/news anchors/etc... Kind of sad, really. 

Bottom line- you are YOU! Be proud of who you are and love yourself (even the saggy, wrinkly bits)!

seattledeb
on 2/16/16 12:38 am

It takes time. You do have a fab fashion sense and your dress is grand.

No matter what you weight you can see the flaws. When I'm fatter I have many chins. When I'm thinner I have a chicken neck. There may be a 2 pound line between the two. Can't be unseen.

Another thing. When I was at my largest I only looked at my shoulders or higher and was a pro at hiding behind things when getting my picture taken. I think taking a lot of shots to get used to the changes may be helpful to you. Biggest thing is today you look fab. And that makes it a pretty good day.

Deb

Catek2652
on 2/16/16 3:27 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I have an idea of how I looked 20 years ago... no grey hair, no facial wrinkles, very muscular and nothing sagged. I weighed 125 pounds, which is my goal weight now. I need to remember I am now over 55 years old, mother of three adult children and preparing for retirement. I do not need to look like I did when I was 25 or 30 or even 45. I've still got a ways to go on my wl journey, and I noticed yesterday I'm getting the skin sag (like melted wax) on the inside of my thighs and I have had the "arm wings" for a few months now... but it's all okay. I FEEL better.

I do worry I will begin to forget how I feel today and start nitpicking myself and believe I'm not "right" until I look like I did at 30.

It helps that my husband tells me daily how I attractive I am to him.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.