frustrated...

brndvnk
on 2/15/16 11:41 am
VSG on 01/25/16

I was moved to soft foods on 2/4/16 and as of today  I still have not been able to keep anything down.  I get this real thick mucus slimey stuff... it is AWFUL.  My dr has been out of the office the last week.  His nurse called in some new anti nausea meds to try and told me to go back to full liquid diet.  It is so frustrating!  And to top it all off... I am really craving a pop... which I have not had since Christmas!

Anyone have any words of advice to gone through something similar?  Nurse told me that it sounded like I have a strickture or how ever you spell it and that she would talk to the dr about doing something to fix it.  I know he is probably behind for being gone for 10 days and I am really trying to be patient but good golly.... it is soooo hard.  I have felt like crap since the surgery and am just wanting to feel good and move on with my journey!

TeashaLorna
on 2/15/16 11:47 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

It sounds like the slimeys/foamies or whatever you call it.  If that is what it is it is because you are either eating to fast, not chewing enough or eating to much.  I am four years out and I will still get them if I do any of those things. For me one tsp of salmon with mayo really mushy was to much I couldn't take it.

Make sure you keep in touch with your dr but you can try those things in the mean time.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

White Dove
on 2/15/16 4:10 pm - Warren, OH

If you have been okay with soft food since 2/4 then you probably do have a stricture.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

brndvnk
on 2/15/16 4:16 pm
VSG on 01/25/16

The nurse called back this afternoon.  She said the dr wants to do a scope and will call me tmr with the time.  I am not hungry.  Been doing liquids as tolerated... and water.  I miss chewing!  Soon hopefully.  I do try soft foods everyday and it gets stuck or comes back up...  Hopefully some relief is in site soon!

White Dove
on 2/15/16 4:34 pm - Warren, OH

He will probably open the stricture when he does the scope.  Good luck.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends