Chronic pain

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/14/16 12:01 pm

Tylenol and narcotics. 

Herbal stuff - they work on inflamation so once this is under control the pain is more manageable. 

When I use narcotics - I combine them with Tylenol.  Becuse my body absorb them really fast - I can feel them working within 10-15 min. But the effect does not last, so I chose much smaller dose and then take that more often. I break my narco (5-325) in half then take 1/2 narco with an extra Tylenol. Then I may take another dose after 2-3 hours. Instead every 4 hours.. 

I also get tens unit I use all the time. Plus I get acupuncture once a month, plus massages.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 2/14/16 11:08 pm - OH

I'm on Cymbalta and gabapentin.  I take narcotic pain meds when I can get them - docs don't like to prescribe those though.

I use a heating pad a lot and a TENS unit.  Acupuncture has also helped me a lot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Patm
on 2/19/16 6:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I recently had a lidacaine infusion through a pain clinic. It is administered through an IV drip. It was amazing. It is just starting to wear off 5 weeks later but the pain is still nothing like it was.

I have also tried marijuana. It was not medicinal. It was great for pain but put me to sleep so used it at night for a great sleep.