Please Help w/my FB Status RE: Surgery Announcement

Heavens2Betsy
on 2/15/16 7:10 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

Thanks, Deanna, that's really great!  Here's what I've got so far:

Tomorrow I will begin a new chapter in my life!  The past 6 months I have been going through a process to get approved for gastric bypass weight loss surgery and Monday is the BIG DAY!  I'm really excited to be moving forward with this. Some people may think that this is the "easy way" to lose weight but let me tell you, after all my research, all the work I've put into these past 6 months, and talking to many people about this, I know it's going to be one of hardest things that I have ever set out to accomplish and I'm kinda nervous about it all. My surgery is scheduled for xxxx am at UVA. If y'all would, please say a little prayer and send some positive energy my way.  I'd really appreciate your support for the long journey ahead.  Thanks!

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

Deanna798
on 2/16/16 4:10 am
RNY on 08/04/15

That sounds great! 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

LookingForOnederlan
d

on 2/16/16 11:26 am - Shelbyville, TN

I think this is great; saves a lot of time for people who have friends and family who care...you don't have to answer the same questions 1000 times. For those who are "sharers" (no better or worse than"non-sharers", imho), this is a wonderfully worded announcement.

Sleeved on 6/19/2014  Hw 277  Sw 254   Cw  142  Gw 135

M1 -20  M2 -10  M3 -11  M4 -11  M5 -11  M6 -8  M7 -8  M8 -8  M9 -1  M10 -8  M11 -4  M12 -2  M13-18-5

ONEderland 10/15/2014

tattitude
on 2/18/16 10:51 pm

This is what I posted to my FB status:

OK.... this is what's on my mind since Facebook wants to know... lol.

For those of you whom have never met me face to face, or those of you whom haven't seen me since I was a stack of bones in high school: I am a fattie. Not chubby, not a little overweight, not Rubinesque. I am FAT. Morbidly obese.

No reason to sugar coat it any longer... it is what it is. I obviously can't hide it so I must face it head on.

Life has a way of making us humble. When I was skinny, I used to make fun of and shame fat people for being so out of control or lazy that they couldn't stop feeding their face. Perhaps this is God's way of punishing me for being so evil. He definitely put their shoes on my feet and I have been walking in them for many, many miles and years now.

So, after much prayer and meditation and careful research, this is what I have decided to do about the situation:

I am midway in the process of being worked up to have Gastric Bypass surgery. This is a process I started in August and surgery will likely not be (if approved****il March or April 2016. I am now a mall walker until I can get some weight off so I can start actually working out. Knee and low back pain has been limiting what I can physically do. The surgery will be done by a Bariatric Center of Excellence in Carmel.... they are experts in what they do and the surgeons have done 1200+ of these procedures. The procedure has come a long way since we first heard about people getting their "stomach stapled". I will be having Roux-En-Y surgery. (http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/gastric-bypass)

All I ask from my friends is your support and encouragement. This isn't going to be easy. The surgery is only a tool, I still have to follow a strict diet and exercise program... the rest of my life. Hopefully by doing this, I will extend my life span and increase the quality of my life and decrease chronic pain.

If you've been wanting to start walking for exercise but didn't want to do it alone, I invite you to come join me at the mall. Just send me a private message and we will coordinate plans. If you want to follow along with my journey as I make this transformation, I welcome you to do so and will guide you to my weight loss blog and pictures (privately, of course.)

Sorry for the length of this post but I had to get this off my chest. Now I feel better. Thanks for listening.