I know it's normal but this sucks!

gibbygal
on 2/12/16 5:34 am
RNY on 02/16/16
gibbygal
on 2/12/16 5:35 am, edited 2/11/16 9:34 pm
RNY on 02/16/16

I am so glad you guys all posted! I am four days away from my surgery and now I know what's coming up before I panic. Thanks for all the support and great tips.

CMR1075
on 2/12/16 5:55 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Good luck with your surgery gibbygal!!

Sherrilea
on 2/12/16 7:10 am
VSG on 01/20/16

I'm so glad to have found this thread!

I am 3 weeks out from sleeve surgery and have stalled for about 6 days at 19 pounds lost. I am grateful for the 19. I am also panicked at the stall. Glad to know it's just a hiccup and will pass. Thank you all for the support!

Sherry

Catek2652
on 2/13/16 6:32 am
RNY on 10/26/15

What I have noticed with the stalls, is that stuff (Fat, muscle, etc) seems to shift around during that time. Clothes fit a little better, if you are tracking your measurements, you will likely see them changing. I went through menopause some years ago so I don't have that awful monthly water gain, but if you are a woman and still young enough to worry about it, you may find that even that monthly gain is less than it was before. I have been having my husband take a full front (fully clothed) and full side photo of me every month on the 26th (my surgery anniversary). When things slow down and I feel a little frustrated, all I have to do is put the photos side by side up on my computer screen to see how different things are now.

Monthly trips to Good Will for "new" clothing is also helping.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/14/16 11:25 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

For those of you who insist on weighing frequently I may suggest putting your weight on a graph. (I did not even own a scale until 3 months out and only weighed when I went in for a check-up). So I did not weigh more than every 2 to 4 weeks for the first 3 months.  I was always ELATED!  When I got a scale, it stayed under the dresser and I only brought it out once a week.  Continued ELATION!  During this time, the change in my clothes and the fear of God kept me following directions.   At over a year out, I do weigh 2-3 per week, but not daily, to keep myself honest and reinforce the progress I have made.

But if you chose to weigh daily, and I understand some people just have too, I might suggest making a graph of your data - it might help keep the bigger picture in mind.  You cannot really expect to lose more than a few pounds a week long term and normal variability will shown up on the scale.  As your line goes down, you may be able to see what your long term trend line is and the minor flatspots and up-ticks may stay in perspective of your longterm downward line. 

Do whatever helps you stay 100% complaint with your post-WLS directions. The scale will take care of itself.

Good Luck to you!!

Sharon