on 2/3/16 2:03 pm - Kasson, MN

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/16 6:20 pm

Your welcome Nancy.

bruindiva92
on 2/3/16 9:05 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Wow!  I am glad you chose to stick around.   As you continue on your journey, you will touch others and make a positive impact on their lives.  Know that your actions will inspire people in ways you may never know.

I have learned that even though I thought this journey was ALL ABOUT ME, it is indirectly, also about uplifting others in a very positive and meaningful way.  I've had total strangers tell me they have been observing my journey and have made positive changes in their lives--changing their diets, exercising or just knowing that obesity is not permanent--they can see my changing body and believe they can do it.  I have told them about my surgery, what it entails and suggest that they attend a seminar to see if it is right for them.

I believe you will also serve a greater good.  Thank you for sharing Gary.  You inspire me every day.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 7:48 am

You're very sweet to say that. I draw so much strength from here also. It's amazing how you never really know if you might need to help someone one day, and then desperately need help a few days later yourself. This place does both. That's what incredible to me.

I still love your boots too.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/4/16 8:03 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Lovely and moving story.

BTW, I think you should buy/make your wife something special for Valentine's Day. Sounds like she also contributed to saving your life -- and loved you even when you were intent on leaving her.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 8:27 am

There is an old saying that goes "you can't love anyone else, if you don't love yourself." I don't think I believe that. I always have loved my family. I hated my body so much. It felt so hopeless sometimes, like life was slipping away and I was letting it. I hated myself for letting it.

It was love that saved me. And you're right about showing her how much she's always meant to me. I do things in public now with her...i.e. dance, smooch, sing. In the mall, in front of about 400 strangers, to her. And I'm taking her to Greece this summer to see extended members of her family. I do most of the housework now...haha the former Marine doing whites. I love them back.

Thank you Kat.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/4/16 8:31 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I understand and relate.

The love of my son saved my life -- in all ways.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat